22 replies [Last post]
CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Great story.  Sorry about the

Great story.  Sorry about the one that got away, but at least he left you with a great memory and based on the story you got a good buck.  I say based on the story becasue the pictures aren't showing up this morning. Message to upgrade to pro version and that bandwidth is exceeded.  I'd love to see the pics.  Mule deer are nice trophies.

elkkill06's picture
Fixed Now !!!

Sorry guys ! What??

HOGGETTER's picture
Good job!

Great looking buck you got elkkill06!!!

Im heading to CO tonight for 3rd season deer, we will see what happens?

prhunter's picture
Congrats to you both!!!

Congrats to you both!!! TFS...

outdoorsman121's picture
Awsome

These are some nice deer. And the best thing about your hunting trip is you were able to experience the hunt with family. I bet you enjoyed every day of your 9 day hunting trip even though there were slow days. I know I would have. And you talked about another huge deer that must be some mule deer, because the one that you shot that is in the back of the truck to me is a monster. I’m sure your happy with what you got you just wish that I would have worked out with the monster. At least you know he will be there next time. Unless I get there first LOL. Congratulations on your trophies! I can’t wait to get my first Mule deer!!!

:thumbsup1:

exbiologist's picture
I knew you'd smoke a biggun this year

Congrats.  Was wondering why we hadn't heard from you.  My turn this weekend and next to put a big one down!

elkkill06's picture
Thanks much guys !

HOGGETTER and Ex,

I hope you guys get some great bucks maybe even the bucks of your dreams. :thumbsup1:  

ecubackpacker's picture
Congrats, elkkill! That's a

Congrats, elkkill! Thumbs up

That's a great buck you scored on. I know it helps to knock that one down after the earlier hunt you had.

I was looking at the picture of the buck in the back of truck and I couldn't figure out what was going on there. Then I saw the other buck's antler. It took me a minute but I saw where you had both of the bucks stacked together.

Tell your dad, Congrats on his buck. It's nice when the family can get together to hunt. Congrats again! Thumbs up

elkkill06's picture
Thanks ecu !

It truely was a awesome hunt and had a great time. I hunted in a way so that I could chase the big ones and still act like it was a vacation. :yes:  Definately not one of my elk hunts !

Dad and I had a lot fun sitting and glassing and looking at all the great deer (I still get excited even seeing does come walking out) .

ecubackpacker's picture
Yeah, everyday I get to spend

Yeah, everyday I get to spend in the deer woods is a vacation for me. Spending time in a treestand or groundblind watching the wildlife is how I relax. I guess you could call it "deer therapy."
I agree about watching the does and getting excited. The day I go hunting and don't get excited about seeing deer is the day I hang up my rifles, shotguns and bow for good. I hope and pray that day never shines light on me.
Congrats again. Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
My 2010 Colorado Muley !!!elkkill061404/12/2011 09:40 am
Eastern Colorado Deercomulies09101/19/2010 20:22 pm
double main beamed muleyhunter251105/03/2011 19:23 pm
Wyoming Antelope, Muley and Elk 2010!ndemiter003/02/2010 15:39 pm
My dads 2010 Colorado muley!!mossbuck351412/01/2010 06:18 am