14 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
My 2010 Colorado Muley !!!

First of all I just want to give out a huge "THANK YOU" to the moderators for doing this for us !! :thumbsup1:  Very cool !!Yes

I am having my 2010 Muley shoulder mounted probably in the next 2 months. Here he is europeaned.

Here is the field photo.

Here he is europeaned.

I hope to see more of peoples mounts, tips, and ideas ! Dancing

hunter25's picture
That is a fantastic heavy

That is a fantastic heavy horned buck. I never cease to be amazed by the pictures you always put up on here. I'm sure Matt will do a great job with this one as well.

Good to see you got the taxidermy forum started off well. I didn't even notice it till you posted on it.

elkkill06's picture
Thank you !!!

Wade,

Thanks for the great comment ! I have been looking over forms and going thru ideas in my head. I am confused, do I mount him like he was when I killed him. In a full sneak or do I mount him like I saw him earlier that morning in a semi sneak with his head up ? No matter what I decide I will make sure it is altered in some way that way it is not like antbody elses. :thumbsup1:  

Thanks again !

Quinton 

HOGGETTER's picture
Elkkill06    Did you stain

Elkkill06    Did you stain your horns darker? What was the neck circumference and eye to nose measurment on that buck? He looks prety fat.  My CO buck i took in nov. had lighter colored horns. I just started preping the mannikin this morning.

elkkill06's picture
No stain !

HOGGETTER,

I did not stain them. Big smile The picture in the dark did not show how dark they were thanks to the flash. I do not let even my taxidermist put anything on the antlers when they get mounted. Here is a daytime pic.

His eye to nose measurement was 7 6/8 and his neck measurement is 24 1/2 (B).

Also it would be super cool if you did a start to finish of your buck being mounted. I did not know you mounted your own stuff ? Way cool !! Thumbs up I hope to at least see it when it is finished. One more question HOGGETTER ! What did your buck end scoring ? He looks to be right there in the mid 160's.

My widest buck is 29 1/2" and grosses 160". The buck on  the far left and he has some dark antlers. Both of these bucks lived in the low country all of there lives and the cedars give them that dark color.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
That is a heck of a buck,

That is a heck of a buck, along with all the other ones on the wall.!!!

Great photos!!! Yes

HOGGETTER's picture
Yeh i've been doing my own

Yeh i've been doing my own stuff for a little while now.

The CO buck I got in Nov 2010 was in the low 170s (unofficial gross) and was 31 3/8" wide.

His main beams turned in and pointed at each other instead of going strieght up, causing him to lose 12", but I am still very proud of him!

I'll se what I can do with the step by step. I'm doing a green cape mount instead of tanned hide.

elkkill06's picture
Very nice !!!

HOGGETTER,

Now that I look closer at this pic I can see mid 170's. Your buck is heavier than I thought and hides the length like my 2010 muley. A huge congrats again on that buck.

I have never heard of a green cape ? I hope it works out well and should look good when its done. Thumbs up

Quinton

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
He's an Irish deer.... Great

He's an Irish deer.... lol

Great buck Hog!!

On a side note, I may be headed up to your neck of the woods for my first hog hunt next month.  Wondering to myself if I should bring a shotgun too, and maybe try to get a turkey.......

Desisions, decisions.....

numbnutz's picture
Great looking mount Elkill,

Great looking mount Elkill, you have an impressive collection there. Congrats on the fine looking animal. HOG, You have a great looking buck too. Congrats to you both!!!. Maybe someday i will have a trophy room like your to show off.LOL

elkkill06's picture
Thank You

numbnutz,

Thanks much and I hope that someday you have a better collection than mine ! Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Eastern Colorado Deercomulies09101/19/2010 20:22 pm
double main beamed muleyhunter251105/03/2011 19:23 pm
first muley in coloradobuckfinatic503/23/2008 15:05 pm
Another Super Colorado Buckelkkill061703/03/2011 18:28 pm
Remount and son's Christmas presentelkkill06403/11/2014 15:55 pm