16 replies [Last post]
My 2006 whitetail.....

Here is couple pictures of the buck I harvested this year. He was taken during Ohio's shotgun season on the last day. I'm not much into gun hunting so he was taken with my crossbow at a distance of 18 yds. from a ground blind. This makes the 8th buck harvested from this blind. He is an 8 pt. with a 19" inside spread.....

Don Fischer's picture
My 2006 whitetail.....

Nice deer. In most state's I understand cross bow's are illegal. Been years since I've even seen one. How about a photo of it?

My 2006 whitetail.....

Nice buck, especially with a crossbow during shotgun season. Congratulations. Thumbs up

My 2006 whitetail.....

A crossbow is Legal during gun season in any state...And some states (TN) for one Crossbows are legal in archery as well....And In most the ones that its illegal, a Dr.'s note will get you a pass to use one in archery

Nice Buck NonTyp

My 2006 whitetail.....
cam69conv wrote:
And In most the ones that its illegal, a Dr.'s note will get you a pass to use one in archery

Nice Buck NonTyp

After 2 back surgeries the doc signed for me to get the permit. I didn't have the time to try our first archery but the second one will be rolling around soon.

My 2006 whitetail.....

Very nice buck... How do you like the crossbow. May be getting one before next years bow season. Any input would be helpful. Thumbs up

Don Fischer's picture
My 2006 whitetail.....
cam69conv wrote:
A crossbow is Legal during gun season in any state...And some states (TN) for one Crossbows are legal in archery as well....And In most the ones that its illegal, a Dr.'s note will get you a pass to use one in archery

Nice Buck NonTyp

I just looked breifly thru the Oregon regs and they do not say you can use a crossbow anywhere. I don't know why. I also have heard that a mid western state is concidering making them legal. Again, I don't understand why they don't fall under archery regs to start with.

My 2006 whitetail.....

Hmmmm Don.....Dunno....Ive always seen them Legal to use during firearm season and in some states like TN legal for Archery season as well. Its probably mentioned somewhere (obscurely) in Oregon regs somewhere. I didnt look them up though..Im having a lazy day Thumbs up

My 2006 whitetail.....

Q. Are crossbows legal to use for hunting
game mammals?
A. No.

Just found that in the oregon frequently asked questions...Thats the first state Ive ever see where they arent legal to use even in firearms season which is frankly kinna stupid...They dont allow mechanical broadheads either which is even MORE stupid. I personaly dont use either crossbow or Mech. Broadheads but I dont think its right on the cross for firearms season to be dissallowed.... And With the new Mech. Broadheads out there its just flat out STUPID to not allow.. I like my G5 Monotechs too much to try a new Mech. But If I ever switched Id definatly try the G5 Mechanicals. They look absolutely devistating.

My 2006 whitetail.....

Thanks for the compliments on my deer guys!!! As for the crossbow issue...I've used one for as long as they've been legal. I hunt from the ground 99.9% of the time. I don't take stupid shots and right now the majority of my shots have been in the 15-20yd. range. I have been very fortunate to harvest some pretty nice deer from the same location over the past several years. Normally for me it happens about this time every year. My son who is 8yrs. this year comes first now because he can't handle the cold, cold weather. The first part of my season is for him. He took a 12pt. last with a drop tine no less at a distance of just 10yds. and this year he shot a 7pt. at a distance of 7yds. They were both taken from the ground also. Our equipment consists of a new Horton 175lb. crossbow and we shoot the Shockwave 100gr. expandables. I'm am really looking hard at the new "Rage" broadheads for next year. I put a couple more pictures of a couple more bucks I've taken...the 18pt. nontypical was taken at a distance of 18yds. and the 11pt. was taken from the distance of 13yds. All from ground level....

My 2006 whitetail.....

Seem to me that you have a very good spot to hunt. Nice bucks Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like