2 replies [Last post]
Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Moose Vrs F450

A friend sent me these pictures of what happens when a cow moose steps out in front of you at night when you are doing 60 mph.  It was a good thing that he wasn't in a pickup truck.  The moose didn't survive and he didn't find her untin the next morning.  It happened near Walden, Co. 

PreviewAttachmentSize
Moose vrs truck I
Moose vrs truck I50.17 KB
Moose vrs truck II
Moose vrs truck II46.51 KB
Moose vrs truck III
Moose vrs truck III45.24 KB
hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Wow!! I bet that would wake

Wow!! I bet that would wake you up in a hurry if your a little drowsy. That is the first moose collision picture I have seen in Colorado. The damage is extensive and I'm surprised the moose was able to go anywhere after the accident. Although I have never hit an elk myself I have witnessed the reaults of hitting one first hand and I can tell you the damage adds up quikcly. The ones I have witnessed were still not quite as bad as that one though.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Not a pretty sight at all.

Not a pretty sight at all. Hopefully your buddy wasn't any more than just emotionally shaken up.

I have seen the resulte of many moose and vehicle collisions in the northeast.  It's never a good thing, and many, many people have died as a result.  They have signs posted all over totalling the number of collisions and deaths.

Gotta be really careful driving in moose territory, especially at night. 

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Moose in Washington StateIceman508/04/2007 20:29 pm
Mainland MooseWingman608/22/2007 15:24 pm
Moose call timeHammer1408/05/2008 14:47 pm
Moose or Elk?Redfeatherhunter1009/25/2011 11:03 am
VT - Bull MooseHunt-n-Fish-VT811/12/2005 23:58 pm