18 replies [Last post]
Moose hunting with a Lee Enfield .303

I shot my first moose with a sports Model 303 at the age of 17 one shot to the neck it certainly did the job then as I'm sure it would now ! Thumbs up It cost me all of $9. + amo thrown in

My wifes aunt got a triple with hers on her first Moose hunt a number of years ago, Bull Cow and a calf. droped them all dead.
F.K.

Congrats to her!!!
I just thought it was bs luck that my father-in-law could do that. He did the same thing 8 years ago, all at the same time....and hasn't stopped bragging about it since!

I love my .303 brit one of the best guns I ever have owned and still own. I would never say a bad thing about it, killed my first 2 bears one shot both times and they dropped 5 feet from where I shot em. 303's are great guns try one you wont be dissappointed.

Thanks to all who replied

Bought the .303 Mark 1 no.4 and a P14 both for $100. Rebuilt the No.4 as the stock was in rough shape. Laminated zebra wood, walnut and birds-eye maple. Built a case for it too (curly cherry wood veneer on 1/4in MDF. I'll probably redo the P14 after moose in the next couple of weeks. Good luck to all moosing !!!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
inside case.jpg
inside case.jpg1.36 MB
case 2.jpg
case 2.jpg1.44 MB
butt stock.jpg
butt stock.jpg31.22 KB

My wifes aunt got into moose hunting and she uses a .303 . Her fist year they had a cow and a bull tag, well if a cow a bull and calf came out and shure enough she got a triple hitter. Thats right she got the cow , calf and the bull all with an old .303 enfield. So go ahead and use the .303.
F.K.

Nothing wrong with a .303!! Thumbs up
Up here they are still in use and the 10 round clip is the cats miau when you go driving the bushroads! While loading/unloading a Mauser takes time, the clip ist just in and out, when you get into or out of the truck/car.
Just have it checked for Headspace!!!

I own one and I'll never sell it as long as I live. Still fires like the day It was givin to me when I was 13. It's all I used for moose when I was younger and Have shot bears with it no problem. I would use a .303 for most North American Bi Game animals.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like