5 replies [Last post]
Joined: 08/27/2011
Posts: 3
Manitoba Moose

I'm looking for a partner to hunt moose in Manitoba, Canada.  I've been hunting moose for 10 years and have been successful 9 out of those years.  I am willing to go on a fly in(done that many times so I have some experience with it)  or drive up north.   If you need a partner or another member for your hunting party, message me back.   

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 07/27/2007
Posts: 5813
They have some bring critters

They have some bring critters up that way.  I would definately be looking for help with one also.... lol

Welcome tot he site!  Hope you find someone, then I hope to see some great photos of your hunt, and even better if some of the photos contain a dead moose. Wink

rdean28's picture
Joined: 04/03/2011
Posts: 29
moose hunt



I'm very interested in doing a Canada moose hunt.  I've looked into doing it in Alaska and it just seems a little expensive for a trophy hunt.  I'm living in Colorado right now, but I grew up hunting in Wyoming.  Let me know if you would be interested in hunting together, I would be willing to fly up and hunt...do you rifle or archery as well?  I would really enjoy an archery hunt, but I'm open to both.  Might be too late for this year but I would be interested in planning for the future.



Joined: 08/27/2011
Posts: 3
Hey Ryan, I think, as a US

Hey Ryan,

I think, as a US resident, you might have to purchase a tag through an outfitter here in Manitoba.  I have my guide license, so that wouldn't be a problem, if you can get a license.  I go rifle and black powder for deer, only rifle for moose.  I'd be interested in planning something for next year also.  We can trade email addresses, or phone numbers, whatever you prefer.

saskie's picture
Location: West Carleton, Ottawa, Canada
Joined: 12/23/2002
Posts: 1264

Most provinces require non-residents to use an outfitter. The only possible exception might be Quebec

groovy mike's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Joined: 03/19/2009
Posts: 2539
I think Quebec requires it too

As I understand it - I think Quebec gives the non-resident tags to outfitters to parcel out too.  Some require a guide feee and some don't but they are allotted by land and the land areas allotted to outfitters.  I have begun reading up on moose hunts in Quebec....maybe I'll get there in a year or two...God willing!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Whitetail hunt in ManitobaBlue Skies Hunting105/21/2011 18:51 pm
Digital audio callerHighwaystar107/05/2006 06:34 am
Newfie Duck Huntergroundhog108/04/2010 19:04 pm
Vermont Moose hunt!groovy mike612/10/2010 11:20 am