5 replies [Last post]
Looking for a well made, reliable shotgun for 200 dollars

Hey guys, Do yall know of any good, well made 20 gauge shotguns for about 200.00 dollars or less. I would like it to be a pump action. Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for a well made, reliable shotgun for 200 dollar
redneckhunter wrote:
Hey guys, Do yall know of any good, well made 20 gauge shotguns for about 200.00 dollars or less. I would like it to be a pump action. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, how about the New england pardner pump 20 gauge with a 21" youth barrel, I am 14 so it works out perfect. Here is a website to the shotgun. It is 200.08, right in the budget.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9935_13769_13910_...

You should think about getting a full size shotgun with a 28" barrel. You will not be 14 forever and will probably grow out of the youth model before you know it. I checked your link and found some full size models of the same brand that were actually less money. Also, you might consider that Mossberg pump that they have listed for about fifty bucks more. They make a solid pump action that has been around forever. I do not know much about the New England brand.
Good luck and take a skeet lesson at your local range with an instructor when you get your new gun. A few pointers from a pro will really help you get started correctly.
Rogie

Lots of used stuff up here in Ontario for under $150. Not sure about crossing the boarder laws from north to south but its a REAL pain to go from south to north.

WesternHunter's picture
Re: Looking for a well made, reliable shotgun for 200 dollar
redneckhunter wrote:

Expect to pay a little more these days. The days of buying a good reliable economical, yet American made shotgun for $200 or less are long gone.

Look ahead....like has been suggested....

you can't go wrong with a Rem. 870 pump 28 inch. barrel with choke tubes. Go for the cheap grade, it's still a very reliable shotgun. I own one....my 14 & 16 year old boys use it for ducks & geese and trap shooting; and it's often in camp loaded up with slugs and buckshot.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like