Hey all! I'm new here and seeking information and advice.
My wife and I are trying to come up with a good compromise on somewhere to relocate to. I grew up in WI with hunting and fishing as a way of life (not to mention they way we stocked our freezer). This California living is not cutting it for me, but my wife refuses to move away from the ocean. We're currently looking at Oregon and Washington so that we can both have what we want. From what I understand OR has both general seasons where tags are over the counter and special seasons where tags are drawn by raffle. From what I understand Washington is a raffle only state (not sure though, could use clarification).
So here is the stuff that I need more info on:
- Which areas of each state have the better/more availible hunting? (Elk, deer, bear, waterfowl, etc.)
- Is there a lot of land availible to the public for hunting?
- Is my information on the seasons correct?
- What is the fishing like in any of the areas with good hunting?
- One area that has me pretty interested is Salem, OR. Is this a good area?
I know this is a lot of information to ask for, but any information anyone can give me would be more than helpful.