21 replies [Last post]
light .243 load

It wasnt meeeeeee, It was the one armed mannnnnnn Said the dumb reloader LOL

light .243 load

I would give the bullet maker a call. they are usually very helpful. I agree that the IMR4350 might be too slow for that weight bullet. Your best bet is the limbsaver recoil pads. They are amazing. They make a slip on version in s/m/l sizes.

light .243 load

http://www.bigskyguns.com/product.cgi?product=9178&group=9170

Der ya go... I think you can order it in left handed as well. But I know several lefties that actually prefer right handed weapons.. Dont know why unless thats just all they could get when they first started shooting and got so accustomed to it that they couldnt use a lefty. But anyway thats a fair price and a well proven weapon.

light .243 load

I am right handed but shoot left handed due to an eye dominance issue. But anyways i have tried shooting a lh rifle on numerous occasions and it doesnt feel right and I dont seem to have enough speed on the reload and it just feel akward. i think being comfortable with the gun is about the most important thing.

light .243 load

you look on the link I gave you there csumerall? Looks like a pretty fair deal. Course I havnt been to a Walmart that deals guns lately and I know they used to have really great deals on Savage 110 and 111 combos but I dont remember seeing many if any youth models. But I do know they would order you anything you wanted with great deals. Course this has been a couple of years and I know things have changed a lot in the gun world with all the BS regs.

Savage

I'll contact them and see if they have a left-handed youth stock. I need to find out if I can get a new peep sight for my Model 4C anyhow.

light .243 load

I forgot about walmart.com

Found this on there.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2684983

If they dont have it in the store, they will open up their little book and order one for you. Cant buy online from them though (firearms)

wyoelkhunter's picture
light .243 load

I know this thread is a little old but I hope NHhunter you still might be looking at it. I got to rummaging around and found my old sierra book. It has the 60 grain bullet in it and the IMR 4350. For 3300 fps 42.1 grains up to 3700 fps max load at 46.7gr. The copyright on the book is 1971 so its a little old but the info should still be pretty good and sound. Hope this helps you out a little.

THANKS!

Thanks for the info WYO! Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Now I just need to clean off my reloading bench! Covered in car parts!

Don Fischer's picture
light .243 load

The 60gr bullet will be a varmit bullet I believe. If you plan on shooting deer with it, I'd suggest you go to at least an 87 gr bullet and load bottom listed loads.

i shoot a 700ADL in 243 usinf 87gr Hornadys with IMR4350 at max. It is not a hard recoiling load at all. I had also loaded up some old 100gr bullet's with min chg of something for my grandson. They shot alright and were very mild to shoot. he shot them in my son's savage 110