14 replies [Last post]
Levergun Safari 2007

Amazing pictures man Looks like that was a hunt of a lifetime congrats to all of you on your animals.

Levergun Safari 2007

I noticed several bolt actions in the pics. I guess you guys are not opposed to branching out occassionaly. Also, do you recall how far away the fella with the 450 was when he shot his wildabeast? I've always thought that one usually needed to take longer shots with these critters. He didn't have a scope on it, judging from what I saw in the pics, so it must of been a heck of a stalk and/or shot. I really won't shoot at anything past ~150 yards with my doubles. That's r
truly awesome that he made the gun himself and regulated it well enough to shoot it that straight... maybe you could put in a good word for me...? Yes Yes Yes

Levergun Safari 2007
maddenwh wrote:
I noticed several bolt actions in the pics. I guess you guys are not opposed to branching out occassionaly. Also, do you recall how far away the fella with the 450 was when he shot his wildabeast? I've always thought that one usually needed to take longer shots with these critters. He didn't have a scope on it, judging from what I saw in the pics, so it must of been a heck of a stalk and/or shot. I really won't shoot at anything past ~150 yards with my doubles. That's r
truly awesome that he made the gun himself and regulated it well enough to shoot it that straight... maybe you could put in a good word for me...? Yes Yes Yes

Nope, we certainly aren't opposed to branching out. Although this particular hunt was arranged for levergun enthusiasts; everyone was told they should bring the rifles they feel comfortable shooting with hence the bolt action rifles in some of the pics.

Mark (with the .450) shot 2 W/beest and was less than 80 yards from them on both occasions. I saw him shoot good groupings at 100 yards though. He is an avid deer stalker from the UK and these skills as well as the fact that we were hunting in fairly dense terrain made it possible for him to get close enough.

I'm sure I can put a good word in for you...

Levergun Safari 2007

What??!!!!!! you mean someone was allowed to hunt in Africa with less than a .375 H&H mag? Say it aint so!!! According to MANY, that 338 or that .270 just wouldnt be allowed by the PH's in Africa!! LOL Sorry just couldnt resist. I was just told the other day that I was foolish for downing a Cape with my .444. It just didnt have the "power" required for such an animal. I guess that Cape didnt know that since it dropped with one shot through the lungs. 150 yard shot and recoverd the 200 grain coreloc in the offside skin. Nice pics. As Im sure you gathered by now Im a devoted leverist (not so much that I dont own a bunch of bolters to though neener! )

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
South African SafariOKElkHunter003/04/2007 21:07 pm
Northern Ohio Safari Club Dinner & FundraiserSCIBill001/22/2007 17:26 pm
Winchester .405 1895 LevergunzeNMan407/15/2005 01:56 am
Safari Arms Hawken?BruceW410/15/2009 05:56 am
WTB 'Safari Rifles' by Craig Boddingtongroovy mike003/20/2011 17:53 pm