55 replies [Last post]
sdwolfden's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Got a nice pronghorn doe this

Got a nice pronghorn doe this year.  Will have a chance in January to fill more tags.

PreviewAttachmentSize
pronghorn 2010.JPG
pronghorn 2010.JPG565.42 KB
2010 pronghorn.JPG
2010 pronghorn.JPG561.93 KB
marie's 2010 pronghorn.JPG
marie's 2010 pronghorn.JPG507.86 KB
GooseHunter Jr's picture
Congrats on a great looking

Congrats on a great looking doe....man they are so good eating, I got 2 in Wymoing this year and cannot waut to get some jerky made up.

numbnutz's picture
Great looking goats guys, the

Great looking goats guys, the more i see these pics the more i hope i draw a tag soon, they seem to be pretty easy animals to hunt, is it safe for me to assume that? I know there very fast and have insanely good eye sight, but almost everyone i see draw a tag gets a lope. hope we can see more pics soon.

Alamosa's picture
Wyoming antelope hunt

4 of us went 10 for 10 on antelope tags in Wyoming.

Hauling one out in open country.  Very nice there when the wind stops blowing.

This doe had a start on growing some horns.  Someplace I've got a photo of a doe I shot many years ago with horns as big as a buck.  Maybe 6" or so.

This little feller had horns of his own.

Below:  This home-made rig off the roof of my camper was great, except that by the time we had skinned 10 antelope it was bent downward.  It will never hold up under the weight of an elk quarter.  My local hardware stores only have 1" angle iron and this 1.5" stuff that I used in the picture.  This stuff is really easy to work with but I need it to hold a few more pounds.

Most of the crew.  I'm the ugly one.

Entry wound.  TTSX from a .30-06.  Surprising amount of backblow on entry.  After skinning it had a surprisingly large symetrical hole just a little smaller than a dime.

numbnutz's picture
WOW!!! 10 for 10, thats

WOW!!! 10 for 10, thats impressive. congrats to you and the rest of your group. i would love to hunt speed goats sometime, it looks like a lot of fun.

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Alamosa, nice job on the

Alamosa, nice job on the goats.  My dad and I have both taken does that have had 3-4 inch horns...pretty cool looking but makes it hard when they get in close to determine buck or doe.  I think the next time I shoot a nice ione with horns I may have it mounted to go along with a buck mount.

Alamosa's picture
doe horns

GooseHunter Jr wrote:

Alamosa, nice job on the goats.  My dad and I have both taken does that have had 3-4 inch horns...pretty cool looking but makes it hard when they get in close to determine buck or doe.  I think the next time I shoot a nice ione with horns I may have it mounted to go along with a buck mount.

I've heard people say they are rare.  I don't think they are rare (2 of the does we killed had horns) but I think that relatively large horns on does are rare.  It is always unnerving shooting at those because you have to be dead-sure about the cheek patch.

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Yeah two of our does this

Yeah two of our does this year had horns, I am wondering if it more common by area, because we have seen alot in the area we hunt.

SoCoKHntr's picture
My

Dad and our goats.

PreviewAttachmentSize
2010 Antelope hunt 004.JPG
2010 Antelope hunt 004.JPG577.16 KB
hawkeye270's picture
nice

brokenarrow wrote:

ill start this off with my antelope i got opening morning in nevada.

Nice antelope buck. I have still only ever hunted does but plan on chasing bucks for the first time next year. Congratulations on him. Nice work.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like