5 replies [Last post]
Krieghoff Semprio 30.06

Dear,

Does anybody have any opinion about the new Krieghoff Semprio 30.06 ? I would buy it for my first Safari hunt in Africa, i'm planning to buy a 470 later on for the more heavy work...

thx

Krieghoff Semprio 30.06

I have been looking at the same rifle. It is not the lightest rifle so you make sure you get to feel it with the scope mounted. It is a cool rifle. The action is so fast and easy. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. Just looked at it in my local gun shop.

You should look into the regulations for travelling with the Semprio. All places I have been you had to carry the bolt in your luggage separated from the rifle. In the UK the Semprio is actually prohibited based on their current regulations.
The question is if you are allowed travel with just the bolt head off??
I asked my gun dealer and he did not know.

The 30.06 will shoot anything up to Zebra, Kudu etc. so you can't go wrong there.

WesternHunter's picture
Krieghoff Semprio 30.06

Both of you guys - Welcome to BGH forum.

Don Fischer's picture
Krieghoff Semprio 30.06

Welcome to BGH you two.

I have no idea about the rifle, never seen one!

WesternHunter's picture
Krieghoff Semprio 30.06
Don Fischer wrote:
Welcome to BGH you two.

I have no idea about the rifle, never seen one!

I can't speak for you Don, but the reason I've never seen a Krieghoff is because they're a bit out of my price range. I'm an average hardworking middle class American. I hear that we're a dying breed. Yes

My arsenal consists of field grade untilitarian type rifles - Winchesters, Remingtons, Rugers, and Savages. The vast majority of my arsenal and the guns I shoot regularly would still remain unchanged if I did or ever make tons of money. That's just me.

But I surely have nothing against Kreighoff or the folks who are priveledged enough to afford one. I hear they are a nice solidly built German gun. Thumbs up

Krieghoff Semprio 30.06

I actually have one. It's in the 300 win mag. I was going to take it to Africa last July but I heard that they delayed sending to the states for some reason. So I decided to hold on to it as an investment. The way I got one is that a friend of mine knows one of the Krieghoff's so he got them to send him one. I then bought it from him. Anyway, it is a very strongly built rifle that you can purchase other caliber barrels and swap them in about a minute so thats a very big plus. If you have any questions let me know.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
30.06 caliber adviseST111805/05/2008 10:30 am
How much is to much for Elk, cartridge wise.mcb1504/11/2004 20:03 pm