24 replies [Last post]
hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
A few comments from me here.

A few comments from me here. First I posted the pictures of the cow my daughter killed with the .243. She went a long ways and although I didn't inspect the actual internal damage the shots did pass through.

Second A big +1 on the Vais brake. I have 2 of them now and love them. Unlike many others they do not add a huge blast and work vrey well.

And last I also own 2 bell&Carlson stocks and those I ma not impressed with. One is pretty old but the finish has pealed off twice, they redid it once for free after a lot of arguing but after 5 years began to peal again. The second one is new last year and is the premier thumbhole model. The forend is VERY flexible to the point I removed the stock as I consider it wothless when used with a bipob as it will touch the barrell when firing. This is a $250 stock so I was pretty upset, it's actually just sitting in the corner now unused.

Just my thoughts.

ndemiter's picture
wade, it sounds like we're

wade, it sounds like we're having the same problem here. the factory stock on my weatherby does the same thing. i've been consider the medalist series bell and carlson. it has the aluminum chassis in it that is suppose to run the whole lenght. i like a composit stock for the weather resistance, but it seems like they just can't make them shoot as good. i ought to put a wood stock on and i'd probably see those problems dissappear.  this is why i like the winchester so much!

hunter25's picture
I swear I posted this earlier

I swear I posted this earlier today but evreything seems to be gone. Anyway if it has the full block it should be fine, I'm not sure why they didn't put it in the model I have. Here's the stock I have now and I love it.\http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-538/*NEW%21*-Bobby-Hart-AccuBlock/Detail

ndemiter's picture
this situation is making me a

this situation is making me a firm believer in good bedding.

this is the stock i want to put on this gun. http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-460/Bell-%26-Carlson-Medalist%E2%84%A2/Detail 

i think that once i do that, i may get better performance out of the gun. the factory stock  has nothing in it for ridgidity which is just a poor design. now, after i get the stock on and the gun set up, i'll have to play around with my loads and see what the setup likes.

what a headache. especially when i've already got a rifle i like!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like