6 replies [Last post]
Location: Butte, MT
Joined: 01/02/2006
Posts: 234
Joe the Vet

Anybody seen this youtube video yet? Any comments?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1773
Joe the Vet

Haven't seen it Sage, but I'll say this everyone is entitled to their view and regardless of whether it's Joe plumber, sixpack, hunter, nurse, ditch digger, business owner, gun owner, vet, fireman, you will be able to find those that support Mccain and those that support Obama.

Location: Butte, MT
Joined: 01/02/2006
Posts: 234
Joe the Vet

Ok.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Joe the Vet

Awesome video, and well said. I'm waiting for people to get on his case because it looks like he's reading, but I'm sure most people would write things down to make sure they didn't have to re-shoot over and over again.

The part where he walks away says it all...he's paid the price.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Joe the Vet

I agree, a heartfelt video. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Joe the Vet

I think this poor fellow misunderstands, his service to his country was not a mistake but something to be proud of and respected by all.

Calling the Iraq war a mistake is simply an attempt to be polite, in reality it was a deliberate criminal act, and I hope to see the perpetraters brought to justice before the international tribunal in the Hague or even better before a US court of law. I doubt that will happen as the most important thing now is to fix things, not punish those responsible.

How many dead and disabled? Probably well over a million now. For what?

The voting records of Obama and McCain are a matter of record. For disabled veterans one reciesves an 80% rating, the other a 20% rating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-af0O39_sE

The history of the POW MIA folks goes back a long time, don't google it up, to my mind it's like calling Obama a terrorist, only for those with too much imagination. Next they'll be saying McCain took up residence in a cave in Viengxai Sam Neua.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Joe the Vet

Thank you for illustrating the kind of loopy logic so many Obamabots buy into.

In the first line, you say his service to his country wasn't a mistake, but something to be proud of and respected by all. But then you turn right around and call the war a criminal act.

That's the problem I have with the Obama people. They claim to revere our troops, but then condemn what are troops are doing. They're not just a bunch of poor saps inducted against their will who just want to come home. They're an all-volunteer force that believe in what theyr'e engaged in. They'd love to come home -- but don't want to come home in defeat because the people they're serving lost their will.

In October we had 13 fatalities in Iraq, which tied for the lowest month since the war began. Of those, only 7 were due from hostile action. Iraqi civilian deaths in October totaled 240 -- down from a high of 3,389 in Sep 06. Violence has dropped precipitously all over the country, and we just gave control of Anbar province back to the Iraqis. Normalcy is breaking out all over the country.

That all came about because of the surge that Obama opposed. If it had been up to him, we would've pulled out and left the country to destroy itself. But instead, we had a president with the guts to commit what was needed and get it done. It's not fair to apply revisionist history about Obama's pre-war stance, because he wasn't in Congress and wasn't accountable when the decision was made. But we can hold him accountable for actions he has taken since he went to Washington -- and if we'd taken his road, we'd have a lot more grieving families -- both here and in Iraq.