19 replies [Last post]
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Sorry I missed this Critter. 

Sorry I missed this Critter.  Looks like a greaat trip.  I will try to clean up the post a little...... Wink

Critter's picture
Thanks Sean, it seams like I

Thanks Sean, it seams like I have more problems with this forum than any of the others that I am a member of.  Between having a hard time starting new post to having replies getting hung up in limbo land.  I don't know if it is the Fire Fox browser that I am using or the forums settings.  It is funny that Fire Fox works fine for some things but then if I go back to IE 8 other things work and some things don't. 

Ca_Vermonster's picture
What's weird in this case is

What's weird in this case is that I asee alot of computer code, or other things added in the post like "MicrosoftInternetExplorer 4". Do you see that?  When I go into your post there to edit it though, I don't see it, so I can't remove it.  Only when it's in submitted form.

Critter's picture
That is what I see also and

That is what I see also and that is also what had me confused about what was going on.  I also see that you or someone of something happened to the first photo "Opening morning sunrise" to enlarge it.  That is what I was trying when I uploaded the photos to this site and then copied the URL and inserted it into the story and ended up with the thumbnails size photos.  I also typed up the story in MS Word and copied and pasted it over to here, now weather that was part of a problem I do not know. 

Thanks for looking.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
That was me, but when I tried

That was me, but when I tried to do the next few photos, it didn't working.  Did you do a direct upload, or host them somewhere like flickr or photobucket?

Critter's picture
I actually hosted them here

I actually hosted them here on this site, I thought that would be the easiest.

They are the only photos left in my gallery. 

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Well, got the photos in......

Well, got the photos in......

prhunter's picture
I'll be headed out for

I'll be headed out for Javelina again later this week. Looks like the temp and the wind will cooperate. Maybe the Javies will cooperate too and show up to the waterhole. I'll report upon return.

Critter's picture
prhunter, stick with it and

prhunter, stick with it and you'll find them.  Don't just concentrate on the water.  From what I have read those little buggers can go for up to 5 weeks between drinks getting most of their moisture from the catcus that they eat.  Whenever we checked water holes we never did see any javelina tracks but the cattle could of wiped them out but you would of thought that we may of seen something.  The only thing that we did see was where they had dug down into the sand at a seep that was dry and they layed down in the cool sand. 

I would glass a lot early in the mornings to see if you can catch one out feeding.  Then after 11 am or so they will be bedded back down in the shade in the bottom of washes and you'll have to kick them to get them to move. 

Good luck.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
2015 AZ Javelinaprhunter302/18/2015 12:57 pm
Javelina meat10ptdreamer1602/12/2011 21:34 pm
Arizona javelina anybody?wyflyguy701/08/2007 08:54 am
Scouting for Javelina Part 2prhunter601/12/2014 22:58 pm
javelina hunt in new mexicotwunsch001/30/2007 13:16 pm