95 replies [Last post]
SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1776
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
BunnySlayer wrote:
As to SoCo's remarks about American troops being responsible for the deaths of and I quote here" hundreds of thousands " of Iraqis this is plain lies and rubbish. You and the rest of the left give lip service to supporting our troops and then turn at the first opportunity and accuse them of mass murder. Your alleged support of them is questionable given your horrible and unfounded accusations. We go to greater lenghts than any known standing army in world history to minimize civillian casualties, even placing our own at risk at times. I'm sure any American serviceman or woman would resent that as I do. I generaly must say you (unlike civetcat) are intelligent, respectful and your ideas are well presented with little or no name calling or mean spiritedness. I cannot usually agree with you but I like having you here and debating with you is a pleasure. But that remark was uncalled for. I can only hope I missunderstood. I expect those kinds of remarks from a troll like civet but have come to expect better from you.

My friend, I'm being as civil and true to my point of view as can be done when I make my posts. I don't hold the troops responsible for a situation they are thrown into by their civilian leadership. If anything I have more sympathy for them due to the fact that they have an obligation to follow orders whether they agree with them or not. Even with all the precautions in the world to 'minimize' causalities an extreme amount have happened. Also, you have to look at consequences such as the ethnic cleansing Shites and Sunnis were undertaking on each other due to what we started.

What if the Russia decided Obama was a threat to us and invaded. During this invasion and occupation ninety percent of your family was killed and oh, say Bush, was put back into power while you lost your family, your home, your children, your job. Putin told you 'well we took all precautions to 'minimize casualties deal with it. Would you be happy with that?

One more time, I don't fault our troops for the death and destruction caused by our occupation. I fault the civilian leadership who started for false reasons. If you can't make that distinction and want to get all huffy and puffy that's your problem not mine.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1776
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush

Check this out Bunnyslayer:

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush

I would question the statistics here for several reason. these are not civillians "murdered" accidentaly or otherwise by Americans. These represent every death in Iraq weather due to Us combat, ethnic cleansing, religious wars, mass graves left over from Saddams regime, bombing and murders from insurgents etc etc. All blamed on America. The fact remains American soldiers are not responsible for the vast majority of the death represented on this site or the "hundreds of thousands" you eroniously claim. This (if true) would make American soldiers guilty of mass murder on a Hitlerian scale. Your hysterical remarks were and remain unfounded and insulting.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush

Bottom line is that SoCo thinks Saddam should still be in power. The default position of the anti-war junk is that Iraq would be better off if Saddam was stil there gassing the Kurds, brutalizing the Shiites, and raping, torturing and murdering his enemies.

Personally, I think the past few years have resulted more from Clinton's inaction than Bush's action. If he'd gone after Osama when he had the chance or stopped letting Saddam make a fool of him, history might've been much different.

As for me, I'm still waiting for SoCo to back his claim that Random Task lost a great many family members in the war. Do you have a source, SoCo, or was that just pure rectal extraction? Apparently as long as you're not killing anyone, you think you can say whatever you want.

I agree with BunnySlayer -- it's downright stupid to blame every death on the US. It's not Americans strapping explosives onto people and sending them into crowds. And here's another clue -- the IEDs that have killed so many of our people weren't just cobbled-together affairs made out an artillery shell and an old cell phone. The only thing "improvised" was the location. They were sophisticated and manufactured.

We didn't start the Shiite/Sunni debate -- it's been going on for hundreds of years. When it started up in the wake of Saddam's fall, it was our people putting themselves on the line and dying to STOP it, you dolt.

The Russian invasion analogy is downright stupid. If the violence in Iraq had been directed at ejecting us, it'd be one thing. But I can't see the Russians invading, and Americans responding by killing each other. The issue in Iraq is Islamism and its hatred for democracy and secular government. Civilian violence has been so high because the Islamists have been trying to destaiblize the government. What's been going on over there is more an internal struggle for domestic power than it is an attempt to eject the US.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
SoCoKHntr wrote:
Do you realize with your non objective view and wholehearted support of anything right wing you come off as a hell of a lot more like a zealot then me. Take a look in the mirror when you make that accustion. Also, I defy you to find one thing I have ever stated that could be construed as hating America! You sure do make a hell of a lot of outlandish and dramatic as well as slandering statements about people you disagree with. Wonder if you do that in person?

I've read countless posts on many websites where repubs, conservatives, right wingers, have claimed he, Obama, is a marxist, commie, muslim, plant. You think if their thinking is that extreme some might not entertain some pretty extreme ways of handling that which irks them so?

You are a hypocrite to the extreme. Expat has straight out called me names insinuated I was many things as well as you have and you have the nerve to cry about insults at him. Doesn't bother me in the least as it goes with the territory in these type of forums, only bringing it up in reference to your crying about it.

That reporter has lost a great deal of his family since our invasion. Maybe he felt he had nothing to lose after having a great many family members killed. Maybe he doesn't agree with the cost he paid not you.

Everything you write and stand for is hatred toward your country. It would be easier to list all that you haven't shown as hatred for your country.
Too bad for you if it bothers you that I love my country and the principals it was founded upon and for what it stands for in the world order.
Yes I say everything I have posted anywhere, and alot more, to anyones face. If that is a challenge from you then name the place and time partner and I'll "debate" you face to face. Question is Do you talk your trash face to face or just from behind a computer screen? I don't hide behind a cute Lil geographical location merged with what I want to be when I grow up screen name such as yourself, my screen name IS my name and I live in Florida and there ain't that many of us here making me not hard to find.
Everything I have posted and everything expat has posted are backed up by FACTS, something you know little about.
All I have ever seen from you is kool aid websites spewing anti American propaganda, insults, name calling and personal attacks.
I don't really care what you have read on "other" websites I am only responsible for what I type on here so mentioning that crud about Obama being Muslim, Marxist or a commie is irrelevant and is only meant to be inflammatory because you don't have anything real to say because nobody has posted it on a "blog" somewhere else for you to read and copy.
As far as "that reporter" and his family loss, mabe I don't give a rats hairless tail about what he agrees with and I say maybe if he had half the backbone our 18 year old solders have then he would have done something about Saddam before we had to go over there and do it for him.
Fact is, that to me, all of them who don't appreciate what has been done for them isn't worth the loss of even one of our brave boys.

Zealot...yep there sonny boy, I and a Constitutionalists zealot and proud of it. And one again, if that bothers you then that's too bad, hate it for you.
Bet you can't say that about your stance can you?

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
CVC wrote:

.

When Obama takes office shouldn't we be outraged if someone in another country insults him regardless of whether or not we agree with his politics?

I will be and you can mark these words that I will disagree with Obama vehemently over issues, but don't let one domestic or foreign enemy try to harm him or insult him. If they do, I will be behind him 100%

Just like growing up, I might smack my brother, but don't take let anyone else touch him or the battle was on.

Dang skippy I'll be outraged also if someone did the same to Obama.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush

Amen, brother...best country on Earth, no matter who's leading it. Throw a shoe at our president (whoever it is), and get a boot in return.

I'm much happier living my life being FOR something than I would be as some bitter, cynical bugger spending his life being AGAINST everything. Any idiot can throw rocks at the work of others and armchair quarterback decisions after the fact. But it takes guts to get out front and DO something when others are paralyzed with indecision and cowardice.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
SoCoKHntr wrote:
CVC wrote:
. Yes, I hold Lyndon and any other proponent of that war in the same view.

Let's explore this a little more. You hold Johnson responsible because he didn't immediately end the war that he inherited.

So, if Obama does not immediately end the war in Iraq will you blame him and hold him in the same view as Johnson and Bush?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1776
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
CVC wrote:
SoCoKHntr wrote:
CVC wrote:
. Yes, I hold Lyndon and any other proponent of that war in the same view.

Let's explore this a little more. You hold Johnson responsible because he didn't immediately end the war that he inherited.

So, if Obama does not immediately end the war in Iraq will you blame him and hold him in the same view as Johnson and Bush?

Can you debate honestly? Lyndon didn't inherit the war he was the one who escalated it. Kennedy was going to draw down the support, advisors, aid, and after he was killed Johnson was the one who escalated and drove it.

"It remains a point of controversy among historians whether or not Vietnam would have escalated to the point it did had Kennedy served out his full term and possibly been re-elected in 1964.[27] Fueling this speculation are statements made by Kennedy's and Johnson's Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara that Kennedy was strongly considering pulling out of Vietnam after the 1964 election. In the film "The Fog of War", not only does McNamara say this, but a tape recording of Lyndon Johnson confirms that Kennedy was planning to withdraw from Vietnam, a position Johnson states he disapproved of."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy

But, to answer the question yes, if he prolonged the war for BS reasons, then yes, I would hold him in a similar view.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1776
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at Bush
JTapia wrote:
[
Zealot...yep there sonny boy, I and a Constitutionalists zealot and proud of it. And one again, if that bothers you then that's too bad, hate it for you.
Bet you can't say that about your stance can you?

You claim to be a Constitutionalist zealot and support a group of people who have done more to shred the Constitution then any else in history. A Zealot for sure, but more in the same vein as other blow hard hypocrites like Falwell or Haggard 'sonny boy'.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Depleted Uranium and M1 Tanksbitmasher701/28/2003 21:49 pm
3 legged chickenlaneboyte003/05/2009 19:59 pm
Iraqi Minister of Informationbitmasher906/26/2003 22:01 pm
NY Times reporter seeking interviewsKirkJohnson109/30/2002 11:43 am
Obama Visits Doverexpatriate810/31/2009 00:52 am