49 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/17/world/middleeast/17iraq.html?partner=p...

It's all there, fixed in stone, timetable for withdrawl, out of towns and cities by next June, out of country 2 yrs later. No changes due to conditions on the ground or any of that stuff.

Bush only had until Dec 31 until old agreement was over.

Pssst ... They don't like us, want us out, we aren't liberators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ky8Hvq-F0U

Offline
Joined: 07/30/2007
Posts: 635
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

He has a fallowing singing songs about him now too? That's kinda scary isn't it? I don't remember singing songs about Reagan 'round the camp fire.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Re: Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)
civetcat wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/17/world/middleeast/17iraq.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

It's all there, fixed in stone, timetable for withdrawl, out of towns and cities by next June, out of country 2 yrs later. No changes due to conditions on the ground or any of that stuff.

We knew the day would come when Iraq would have to govern itself and the US would pull out. So what is your point civet? Giving the credit to the dems?

So the radical Muslims hate us, so what? They've always hated us, before the war, during war, and after the war they will continue hating us. Where do you think the terrorists come from? They're spawned from these radical fringe groups.

I just hope that the newly established democracy grows in Iraq and is able to keep these radical religious groups in check.

civetcat wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ky8Hvq-F0U

Songs like that give me the creeps. It re-enforces the fact that people have turned Obama into some kind of saviour. Scary!!

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

The point is that this is exactly what the Bush/McCain said we should never do. Cut and run, raise the white flag of surrender, appeasement. Get it? The neocons just ate a huge serving of crow. Moktada al-Sadr who is arguably the most popular leader in Iraq isn't a party to the agreement, but he is outside the govt. He says, "I repeat my demand to the occupier to leave our land without keeping bases or signing agreements". Guess he won't attack as long as we keep paying him.

"Where do you think the terrorists come from?" Gee I don't know, maybe mostly Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt? Still think those 9/11 folks came from Iraq? Time to join the reality based community because change is already coming.

Sorry to make all of you fearfull, wasn't my intention, I thought it an uplifting song about for one thing ending a horrible and unjust war. Of course I'll breath a sigh of relief once the criminals are brought to justice at the Hague. I think the true cause of your fears isn't an uplifting song but rather that propaganda news and radio that makes money from keeping you fearfull and glued to their station.

I give a stuffed animal to my kids when they get scared, might be worth a try.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

Civetcat, you sure sound angry and tense. You should take up a hobby like hunting or shooting. Works great on stress.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)
civetcat wrote:
... Cut and run, raise the white flag of surrender, appeasement. Get it? The neocons just ate a huge serving of crow.

I don't see how you interpret a pullout agreement a "white flag of surrender." Was it too soon and too quickly? Maybe. I'm sure we all want to see Iraq prosper and succeed at democracy. And I don't believe that the majority of Iraqis hates us. That's a big fat lie the libs like to repeat ad-nauseum!

I suggest you educate yourself on where and how terrorists originate. Its not from a specific country, in fact they can be here in the the US, UK - just about anywhere. Its fanatical religious beliefs & extreme hatred of the US and western cultures that creates the terrorists, not a location.

Offline
Joined: 07/30/2007
Posts: 635
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

Laugh He isn't singing about a war!

Online
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1574
Re: Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)
civetcat wrote:
Bush only had until Dec 31 until old agreement was over.

Pssst ... They don't like us, want us out, we aren't liberators.

They have seen The Obama and are terrified that some of his policies may spill over into their country.
They are right to want an agreement before this loon gets into office.

Online
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1574
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)
civetcat wrote:
.

"Where do you think the terrorists come from?" Gee I don't know, maybe mostly Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt? Still think those 9/11 folks came from Iraq? Time to join the reality based community because change is already coming..

We didn't go into Iraq for terrorist groups you Dolt.
I ask again, are you capable to speaking the truth?

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)

So maybe we should invade Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Egypt? Timothy McVeigh was from New York...maybe we should invade them. It's not about where the enemy is from, it's about where the enemy is. The fact that we haven't had a terrorist attack in over seven years suggests they're not here. If Iraq has been sucking all of them over there to die, so be it.

Now that all the grunt work has been done in Iraq (mainly due to a surge that was vigorously opposed by the Democrats every step of the way), we're going to pull out the way we intended all along -- and the Dems are going to take credit for it.

You can't say you won the Daytona 500 just because you rode in the back of Junior's car while he ignored your ridiculous nagging the whole way.

Offline
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Joined: 11/06/2005
Posts: 24
Iraq and US agree to end the war (si se puede cambiar)
expatriate wrote:
So maybe we should invade Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Egypt?

Good idea! After all, all but one of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudi's...... Osama Bin Laden's a Saudi........ The Saudi government's probably on Amnesty International's shit list for civil rights abuses, torture, electoral irregularities.. (not even sure if they have elections in Saudi Arabia), but that should be justification enough... sanctions won't work because they already have more money than anyone so you can't starve them into submission. The real danger is that they have a nuclear program underway! The people who let that happen must be punished as well. You're just going to have to set a deadline. Don't let fear or common sense deter you! Big smile It shouldn't be too hard to organize supply lines and air support; there's probably a U.S. Airforce base somewhere in the area. King Abdullah must be the Ace in the new deck of cards. An Israeli opinion may vary.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
bored in iraqjason66396639808/22/2007 19:42 pm
coming home from Iraq need a guided archery huntTlane308/28/2008 21:32 pm
Hog hunting after return from Iraq???SFDude306/21/2006 15:25 pm
Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoe at BushCVC9512/26/2008 13:41 pm
Afghanistan Buildupbitmasher503/19/2009 20:48 pm