1 reply [Last post]
Idaho Elk & Mule Deer Cancellation - Save $500

Southeast Idaho Elk & Mule Deer Hunts $3050 (save $500)

I have a couple cancellation hunts (save $500) and I have a couple unbooked hunts that are on special now (save $300). Elk and Mule Deer can be hunted at the same time and we have over-the-counter licenses that are still available. Our hunting area is only a short drive from the Salt Lake City airport, one of the least costly western airports to fly into.

Our area does not have high game numbers but it produces some quality mule deer and elk. We have taken mule deer up to 215 class and elk up to 350's class. It's a beautiful area to hunt, we have an excellent lodge, my mother does the cooking, and most of my guides have been with me for years. I have been in the outfitting business for over 30 years so we are very experienced.

Season Dates Oct 15-24

Whats included: 2x1 guided hunt, lodge, all meals, transportation during the hunt and trophy care in the field.

Not included: License Fees $873.25 for both animals, taxidermy, meat cutting.

Unguided Horseback Drop Camp - $1950 each (save $300)

I have a Horseback Drop Camp available for 2 to 6 hunters. We pack you in 3 to 4 miles from the trailhead, this puts you in the middle of the area away from the crowds yet it's close enough to walk out to your auto if you needed to. I only put one group in the camp each season so you can stay as long as you want. I provide a complete camp, you bring your personal gear and your preference of food. If you get an animal down, just drag it to where we can get horses, then ribbon the trail or take gps co-ordinates and call us with your cell phone and we come and get the animal. We can either hang it in my barn or take it to the butcher, which ever you prefer.

Unguided Drive-In Drop Camp - $1450 each (save $300)

I have a Drive-In Drop Camp available for 2 to 6 hunters in October. We have been archery elk hunting this drainage the last two weeks of September and have seen 11 dfferent bull elk that we did not get, this includes 3 big bulls that are well over 300 class. There's also mule deer in the same area and some very large bucks have been killed in this drainage in past seasons. You will be camped in the middle of the area on an out-of-the-way mountain road that you can drive to camp without having to ride horses. I only put one group in the camp each season so you can stay as long as you want. I provide a complete camp, you bring your personal gear and your preference of food. ATV's are permissible on designated roads. If you get an animal down in rough country, just get it to where we can get horses, then ribbon the trail or take gps co-ordinates and call us with your cell phone and we come and get the animal. We can either hang it in your camp or take it to the butcher, which ever you prefer.

PreviewAttachmentSize
DSCN0249.jpg
DSCN0249.jpg118.44 KB
elk_id_schlund03.jpg
elk_id_schlund03.jpg432.95 KB
archery_elk_hunting_nick.jpg
archery_elk_hunting_nick.jpg23.19 KB
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Man, can't do it this year,

Man, can't do it this year, but I have always wanted to do an elk hunt with horses.  And, that's a heck of a price.  May have to keep you guys in mind for another year.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like