First and foremost I would like to thank all of you who responded to my first set of questions (~60 from various Camping & Hunting forums). Your responses were encouraging and enlightening. Thank you! I hope you don’t mind me asking you all to help clarify your responses.
The following is a list of “deciding factors” for jumping from tent camping to popup or other forms of camping provided from hunters and campers in the previous set of questions.
1. Set up time
2. Separate Sleeping quarters (parents from children)
3. Running Water
4. Ready to Go – Popup is always packed with camping gear. Participants need only to pack cloths and food
5. Off the Ground (Sleeping Conditions)
6. Off the Ground (Dryer Conditions)
7. More room
8. Inclement Weather: Usage – Usable space, food prep, consumption, card playing when it is raining
9. Inclement Weather: Take Down
11. General Comfort
12. Extend the Camping Season
13. Amenities: Electric, Stove, Refrigerator, Sink Potty, etc
A) Please choose the top 4 or 5 and prioritize your list in the following way: You are given 100 points to prioritize these selections. Which one is the most important? Which one is the least important? What are their relative values? With the sum of them all being 100
i. Set up time 10 credits
ii. Off the Ground (Sleeping Conditions) 30 credits
iii. Off the Ground (Dryer Conditions) 40 credits
iv. Inclement Weather: Usage 20 credits
b. In this case my top 4 are listed and the most important is “Off the Ground (Dryer Conditions)” and is the most important and set up time is the least.
B) How many camping/hunting days have you averaged in the last two or three years?
C) Of all your camping experiences in a year (while hunting or not). What percentage is
e. Sept – Oct
f. Nov – Dec
Total should add up to 100
D) Why do you camp: I would like you to prioritize your list the same way as above: You are given 100 points to prioritize these selections. Which one is the most important? Which one is the least important? What are their relative values? With the sum of them all being 100
b. Close to Action
c. Away from the crowd (solitude)
d. Away from modern Convinces
e. Part of the Experience / Camaraderie with the guys
Thanks again for ALL your help