10 replies [Last post]
Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Is the honeymoon over already?

I can only hope this is a preview of things to come when the second amendment is on the block. An enemy divided is easier to conquer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090204/us_time/08599187691200

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3206
Is the honeymoon over already?

Well, you know what happens during a honeymoon, don't you? Everybody gets screwed.

Read the link below about armed Mexican drug cartels, and you'll find this gem:

"The cartels are obtaining arms from America by using "straw man" buyers, who legally purchase weapons at gun shops and gun shows in the U.S. The weapons cross into Mexico, where border security is much weaker heading south of the border than it is going north."

It's interesting to note the article's claim that "straw man" purchases are legal, when they are actually violations of federal law. I also can't help but notice the shocking "7,700 guns sold in America" statistic is devoid of context (i.e. 7,700 out of millions sold each year).

In other words, gun shows are responsible for violent drug cartels and, by extension, pose a threat to national security. The unstated point of the article is that we need to put an end to gun shows, ban assault rifles, keep .50 cals out of civilian hands, and control "cheap" ammunition.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487911,00.html

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Is the honeymoon over already?

I know. It's ludicrous. Especialy here in Ca where 50 cals are illegal for some stupid reason. Like Im going to Rob a Liquor store for $60.00 with a $7,000.00 rifle that you couldn't conceal in a winnebago! Brick Wall,)

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1550
Is the honeymoon over already?
BunnySlayer wrote:
I know. It's ludicrous. Especialy here in Ca where 50 cals are illegal for some stupid reason. Like Im going to Rob a Liquor store for $60.00 with a $7,000.00 rifle that you couldn't conceal in a winnebago! Brick Wall,)

Oh great bunny, now they'll outlaw winnebagos !!!

I had a feeling Pelosi would be a thorn in his side.

Offline
Joined: 07/31/2007
Posts: 635
Is the honeymoon over already?

That cartel issue is quite unstable huh? I've been watching that. I'm waiting to see what we decide to do besides talks of possible gun bans. Texas is recieving some problems in border towns aren't they?

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Is the honeymoon over already?

Jtap wrote,

Quote:
Oh great bunny, now they'll outlaw winnebagos !!!

I had a feeling Pelosi would be a thorn in his side

.

We love her so much here we thought we'd share the wealth!!

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3206
Is the honeymoon over already?

Great...not only should Winnebagos be outlawed for their outrageous carbon footprint, but they should be banned because you can hide artillery in them.

On the other hand, they represent a much more reasonable amount of living space for an American family as opposed to those wasteful, resource-consuming earth-destroying houses they live in now.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1550
Is the honeymoon over already?
expatriate wrote:
Great...not only should Winnebagos be outlawed for their outrageous carbon footprint, but they should be banned because you can hide artillery in them.

On the other hand, they represent a much more reasonable amount of living space for an American family as opposed to those wasteful, resource-consuming earth-destroying houses they live in now.

Exactly my point !! cool

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Is the honeymoon over already?

Oh No! The great winnebago ban of 09 and it's all my doing! Oops!

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1550
Is the honeymoon over already?
BunnySlayer wrote:
Oh No! The great winnebago ban of 09 and it's all my doing! Oops!

Now we can substitute Bunny where Bush was in the typical lefty response.
ie; "dang bunny, liar, man I really hate that guy. He lied about Iraq having WMD's (Winnebagos of Mass Destruction)" Wave

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Is the honeymoon over already?

I'm so ashamed! sad

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Help with a Hunt-related Honeymoon!!!shastalarae512/09/2012 12:19 pm
Goin' to AFRICA!!!91xlt1608/04/2007 21:12 pm
Hunting on the big islandLaouli001/14/2009 08:50 am
Farewell to Nova Scotia...saskie509/12/2003 10:36 am