41 replies [Last post]
Offline
Location: Lewiston ID
Joined: 04/27/2005
Posts: 61
Here is my opion, what yours?

This is just to get some conversations going. I want to go to Africa realy bad, According to my wife it should be possible in 2-3 years. I have several friends who have been and or want to go. We always talk about what we would like to hunt, as in a realistic top ten list, not a dream list (you know where money is no question). So basicaly here is my list and it is in order of desire.

1. Sable (native not from South Africa)
2. Nyala
3. Roan
4. Gemsbuck
5. Kudu
6. Sitatunga
7. Buffalo
8. bushbuck
9. Eland
10. Waterbuck

What would your top ten be, and try to be realistic becuase I think we would all like to get a bongo but who can Afford it?

Offline
Location: Pennsylvania
Joined: 10/28/2003
Posts: 1647
Here is my opion, what yours?

Lion, Leopard, Blue beast, Baboon, Buffalo, Hyena, Croc, Hippo, Kudu, but more than anything else I want to kill a warthog with my bow....after I pick a fight with him and make him charge Thumbs up

Offline
Location: South Africa
Joined: 10/31/2005
Posts: 27
Re: Here is my opion, what yours?
clearwaterart wrote:
This is just to get some conversations going. I want to go to Africa realy bad, According to my wife it should be possible in 2-3 years. I have several friends who have been and or want to go. We always talk about what we would like to hunt, as in a realistic top ten list, not a dream list (you know where money is no question). So basicaly here is my list and it is in order of desire.

1. Sable (native not from South Africa)
2. Nyala
3. Roan
4. Gemsbuck
5. Kudu
6. Sitatunga
7. Buffalo
8. bushbuck
9. Eland
10. Waterbuck

What would your top ten be, and try to be realistic becuase I think we would all like to get a bongo but who can Afford it?

Based on my experience the following species are in the top 10 as far as US clients go:

1. Leopard
2. Buffalo
3. Baboon
4. Warthog
5. Kudu
6. Impala
7. Gemsbok
8. Bushbuck
9. Nyala
10. Blue Wildebeest

Most clients do not book a buff or leopard for their first trip though

Offline
Location: South Africa
Joined: 10/31/2005
Posts: 27
Re: Here is my opion, what yours?
clearwaterart wrote:
This is just to get some conversations going. I want to go to Africa realy bad, According to my wife it should be possible in 2-3 years. I have several friends who have been and or want to go. We always talk about what we would like to hunt, as in a realistic top ten list, not a dream list (you know where money is no question). So basicaly here is my list and it is in order of desire.

1. Sable (native not from South Africa)
2. Nyala
3. Roan
4. Gemsbuck
5. Kudu
6. Sitatunga
7. Buffalo
8. bushbuck
9. Eland
10. Waterbuck

What would your top ten be, and try to be realistic becuase I think we would all like to get a bongo but who can Afford it?

Based on my experience the following species are in the top 10 as far as US clients go:

1. Leopard
2. Buffalo
3. Baboon
4. Warthog
5. Kudu
6. Impala
7. Gemsbok
8. Bushbuck
9. Nyala
10. Blue Wildebeest

Most clients do not book a buff or leopard for their first trip though

Offline
Location: USA
Joined: 06/04/2006
Posts: 166
Re: Here is my opion, what yours?
clearwaterart wrote:
This is just to get some conversations going. I want to go to Africa realy bad, According to my wife it should be possible in 2-3 years. I have several friends who have been and or want to go. We always talk about what we would like to hunt, as in a realistic top ten list, not a dream list (you know where money is no question). So basicaly here is my list and it is in order of desire.

1. Sable (native not from South Africa)
2. Nyala
3. Roan
4. Gemsbuck
5. Kudu
6. Sitatunga
7. Buffalo
8. bushbuck
9. Eland
10. Waterbuck

?

Your list would be in a little different order, if it were mine!

#1Cape Buffalo
#2 Nyala, just like you
#3 Gemsbok
#4 Eland
#5 Sititunga
#6 bushbuck
#7 Waterbuck
#8 Kudu
#9 Sable
#10 Roan

That is the order of desireability for YOUR list, to me. However the whole list would be differen't for me.

My top ten would be:

#1 Elephant bull
#2 Lion
#3 Cape Buffalo.....already have several
#4 Leopard
#5 Black Rhino
#6 Hippo......already have
#7 Croc
#8 Bush Pig
#9 Wart Hog.......already have
#10 Cookson's wildebeast.......already have
#11 Eland.......already have
#12 Puku .......already have
#13 Zebra.......already have
#14 Gemsbok
#15 Black Wildebeast
# 16, through #50...............all the Cape Buffalo I could muster before I die

I don't have the cats or the Elephant, simply because I can't leave the Buffalo alone long enough the hunt them, of course the cost of hunting the Ele, and Lion are going through the roof, for an old retired man on a fixed income! sad

Offline
Location: Pennsylvania
Joined: 10/28/2003
Posts: 1647
Here is my opion, what yours?

"for an old retired man on a fixed income! "

Yeah, and we feel bad for you too!
Shoot the elephant with a camera.

Offline
Location: USA
Joined: 06/04/2006
Posts: 166
Here is my opion, what yours?
hunter777 wrote:
"for an old retired man on a fixed income! "

Yeah, and we feel bad for you too!
Shoot the elephant with a camera.

??????????????????????????????? Frankly the post quoted here puzzels me! Think I'd like a little more information as to the meaning of this response! Confused

Offline
Location: Pennsylvania
Joined: 10/28/2003
Posts: 1647
Here is my opion, what yours?

You can't too bad off. Hunting buffalo in Africa and all.
I think the elephant is the most impresive animal a trophy room could ever have and I like them the most but I don't think I could ever kill one. Unless of course it was about to rototil me or one of my friends. I didn't mean anything bad by my comment. I couldn't afford to hunt an elephant either but I would love to do an African safari and just see and take pictures of everything. While I'm there I will take a warthog Yes

Offline
Location: USA
Joined: 06/04/2006
Posts: 166
Here is my opion, what yours?
hunter777 wrote:
You can't too bad off. Hunting buffalo in Africa and all.
I think the elephant is the most impresive animal a trophy room could ever have and I like them the most but I don't think I could ever kill one. Unless of course it was about to rototil me or one of my friends. I didn't mean anything bad by my comment. I couldn't afford to hunt an elephant either but I would love to do an African safari and just see and take pictures of everything. While I'm there I will take a warthog Yes

Hunter777, we don't always have the income we once had at my age! This is the case with me! You see I retired after 31 years with American Airlines. That association with a world class airline, and the army, gave me a chance to hunt in places where I wouldn't have otherwise been able to on my pay. I've been retired almost 11 years, and believe me, the income ain't what it used to be. sad

As far as shooting Elephant, there is no difference between the elephant and the warthog, they both die when shot, and both are pleantiful to the point of being a detrement to their own habitat, and the well being of all other wildlife that depends on that habitat to exist, including the people who must depend on crops to stay alive. Right now there PAC hunts for elephant so as to thin their numbers, because they are over populated in most of their range.

It is strange to me the people who buy into the news media's crap on populations of animals in places where they have never been, and are simply led by the nose the slop trough of "EVERYTHING IS GOING EXTINCT". The African leopard is so thick in all of southern Africa, they are like coyotes in this country, yet the media, and animal rights folks have painted a picture of doom, around the leopard, that is pure smoke and mirrors! In the Luangwa Valley of Zambia, I saw three leopard in broad daylight in seven days hunting. Leopard are nocturnal, and for every one you see in the day, there are 50 you don't.

This misinformation is especially bad, when repeted on hunting forums, where young hunters will spread the media's "SKY IS FALLING"lies as gospel.
The fact is, the Safari hunter is the salvation of all African game, including Elephant. If the wild life there is not given a dollar value, then he will be removed, in favor of scrony cattle, and the plow! Once the land is turned by the plow, it will never again be populated by wildlife. The CAMP FIRE progarm in Zimbabwe, is an example of a working game management. The very high cost in trophy fees, and low quotas, placed on things like Elephant, guarintees the people who live in the same habitat as the elephant of a portion of the income generated by the hunting, along with day employeement, and are given all the meat. I personally put 4000 lbs of smoked Biltong (African jerky) into a starving Zambian village of 1500 hungry folks, in four days of hunting, back in 1992. You think a vulture can strip a skeleton, you should see hungry Africans. This fact is what stops poaching, because the African, hunts only for food or pay. If he doesn't have to take up the very dangerous activity like Ele hunting, and reaps the bennefit anyway, he is prone to protect the ele in his area from outside poachers. This is the truth, not the crap people are being told on the TV sets they worship. I simply do not understand the idea that one animal is less deserving if game status, while another which is more prolific is somehow not! No animal on the face of the Earth is more distructive than the Elephant, other than man himself. left alone the ele will turn a lush forest into a deasert. The country of BOTSWANA has a population of over 200,000 elephant, that are slowly destroying the habitat, yet the game people will not issue more than 2000 permits per yr, for ele, because of the world's misguided attitude on elephant hunting. A full 20 % of that population needs cropping, for the good of the elephant's future existance. The income generated by these permits would go a long way to the cessation of poaching of all animals in Botswana, because the safari companies, and money generated would allow more game rangers would be in the field. Brick Wall,)

...............................END OF RANT![/b]

Offline
Joined: 10/12/2010
Posts: 1
Here is my opinion. What's yours?

Dugaboy1, So you're a trophy hunter. It's not my thing personally but it's your right and I'll honor your rights but let's be honest.

 

Huh?  Shooting an elephant and shooting a warthog are one and the same?  Let's see.  A female elephant (cow) becomes fertile at about 13 years of age.  Once she is impregnated, she carries the calf for 22 months.  That means she's almost 15 years old by the time she's delivered her first calf.  She will nurse that calf for 4.5 to 5 years, at which time she is able to breed again.   Twenty years, one baby.  The next one will be born around age 27 and so on every 6 or 7 years.

Elephants are the largest land animal and easy to kill.  They are also poached for their ivory making it even hard for elephants to prosper.

A warthog becomes fertile at 18 months of age and carries her piglets, between 4 and 6, for 6 months.  Let's use 4 piglets for an average number although it's probably on the low side.  By the time the sow is 27 years old, she will have given birth to 204 piglets and all her little piggies are doing the same thing.  That's why wild hogs are out of control in the U.S.  A small band of hogs can turn out hundreds of babies a year.  It would take an elephant over 1400 years to have that many babies. 

As for how much salvation trophy hunters have delivered to an at risk species remains to be seen.  I'm sure through conservation, herds have been managed but they are not over populated.  People are over populated.  We continue to move into the animals habitat and then we want them all killed so they don't kill us or destroy our crops. 

Elephants are definitely at risk of extinction from poaching and habitat destruction.  Warthogs are not.  How is shooting them the same?

The leopard used to exist as far north as Siberia, occupying all of Africa.  There are no more leopards found in Northern Africa.  I saw a couple of leopards when I was there in 2001.  One had just killed an Impala at night and was catching it's breath before dragging it up a tree.  The other was sitting on a termite mound.  When leopards feed is contingent upon their location (environment) and the type of prey they're feeding on.  They were plentiful there because all of the shooting was taking place with cameras.

If anything has helped to help the animals to begin to replenish their numbers, it's been Eco-Tourism.  African landowners have realized that the animals are more valueable to them alive rather than dead.  The elephant herd in Botswana is about 120,000, about 80,000 less than you stated.  The african elephant numbers about 300,000 across all of africa.  You left 4000 pounds of biltong in a village of 1500 and that's a comendable act but that's barely 2.5 pounds per person, a few days worth.  You also stated that africans don't hunt except to eat or for pay.  That pay is in stolen ivory.  I've yet to see an elephant killed for it's ivory that wasn't left there to rot away. 

No animal is more destructive on earth than an elephant.  You said it.  The elephants didn't turn forests into desert until man took their forests and turned them into postage stamp sized parcels of land.  We move into an area and deplete it of it's natural resources and then move on.  We pump out the crude, we level the forests, we dig up the valuable stones, we kill off the animals that are beneficial to us (read $$$) and leave the rest to perish because of habitat destruction.  I saw heavy elephant damage in Sabi Sands area but it sure wasn't a desert.  The trees that had been pushed over had resprouted and were doing just fine.

You said that one the earth has been turned by a plow that it will never be populated by wildlife again.  Again, that's false.  Why do you think natives are having to kill elephants that are raiding not only their crops but their villages too.  Elephants are very intelligent, social animals who don't easily forget.  Revenge killings on people?  I think so.

All in all, I can't get over your outlook on wildlife in Africa and particularly the elephant.  You seem to be singing the same song over and over again; the best thing for the elephants survival is to kill more of them.  With todays big-bore, high-powered rifles, seasoned guides and trackers, private game ranches and game that has grown used to seeing humans, elephant hunting is no more dangerous than a trip to the meat counter of your favorite super market.  Try killing one with a spear or a long bow.  Fred Bear did.  That's dangerous!

All of the information above has been gleened from the web.  It's all there and more.  I realize you have the right to be a trophy hunter and I won't argue that point but I don't buy the animals are better off if we kill them than just leaving them alone.

Good luck in the field,
Marc Grant Photography

Offline
Location: USA
Joined: 06/04/2006
Posts: 166
chitwa-chitwa

chitwa-chitwa wrote:

Dugaboy1, So you're a trophy hunter. It's not my thing personally but it's your right and I'll honor your rightsbut let's be honest.   

   Everyone from the USA who goes to Africa to hunt is a trophy hunter by law. This is because you are not allowed to bring meat back to the USA, and the only thing you can bring back is the trophy.  This, in no way, indicates the meat is wasted. All the meat not used in camp, is consumed by the locals. Friend nothing is wasted in Africa.  The people in Africa are so starved for protein, that you would not believe the seen you will witness when the African local tears into a meat animal with knives of every shape and size you can think of. A ten ton elephant will be reduced to nothing more than bone, and a wet spot where he fell when they are through.  Additionally they are in such a hurry to get their share for their family that they cut each other nearly as much as they cut the elephant.  These people are not only starved for meat protein, but must compete with the wildlife for possession of the crops they plant.   

Quote:
Huh?  Shooting an elephant and shooting a warthog are one and the same?  Let's see.  A female elephant (cow) becomes fertile at about 13 years of age.  Once she is impregnated, she carries the calf for 22 months.  That means she's almost 15 years old by the time she's delivered her first calf.  She will nurse that calf for 4.5 to 5 years, at which time she is able to breed again.   Twenty years, one baby.  The next one will be born around age 27 and so on every 6 or 7 years.

Elephants are the largest land animal and easy to kill.  They are also poached for their ivory making it even hard for elephants to prosper.

    The time line and birth rate, and dependence of calves on the cow are correct, and that is why only “PAC” (Problem Animal Control) elephants killed are cows, except for tusk less cows, which are a detriment to the over-all welfare of the family group with is only cows calves, and juvenile pre-pubescent bulls, are on license.  Tusk less cows are very aggressive to other elephants because they don’t have tusks to de-bark trees so fight the others for the bark they peal from the trees, in many cases killing the calves of the cow they attack.  The fact is the number of elephant taken in any given year is far exceeded by the birth rate. Admittedly there are places where elephant shouldn’t be hunted, but that is taken care of by the allowed harvest, or lack there of.  Unless in musk, the bulls stay away from the cows and calves in bachelor groups, so are not around where the hunting is taking place, unless, as I said the PAC animal happens to be a cow.   

Quote:
A warthog becomes fertile at 18 months of age and carries her piglets, between 4 and 6, for 6 months.  Let's use 4 piglets for an average number although it's probably on the low side.  By the time the sow is [B]27 years old[/B], she will have given birth to [B]204 piglets and all her little piggies are doing the same thing[/B].  That's why wild hogs are out of control in the U.S.  A small band of hogs can turn out hundreds of babies a year.  It would take an elephant over 1400 years to have that many babies.

  I doubt a warthog out of 100 would live to 27 yrs of age in the wild of Africa, and of the 204 piglets she would produce not more than 30 % would survive to breading age, with everything from Jackal to lion trying to make a meal out of them. You take on this subject is way to simplistic and makes it evident that you expertise where wild life in Africa is right out of a book that assumes everything is mathematical like an adding machine, with no allowance for life expectancy in the wild with everything either trying to eat everything else, or plain old accidental death. These animals do not live in a zoo, and all are food for something else.  The pig problem in the USA is another matter all together. This is because most land in the USA is privately owned, and with land not open to hunting, as well as a lack of large predators in the USA, is the reason for the explosion of feral hogs here.  Many land owners that I know personally say they wish they could be rid of all the hogs on their property, yet will not let reliable hunters hunt them at will. Some trap them in large traps and kill them all in the trap, but then the animal rights idiots want to scream foul, so the problem simply gets worse.  I was born on a North Hill country cattle ranch in Texas and we never had a problem with hog like others around us because we hunted them, and allowed others to hunt them as well, keeping them in check on our place.

Quote:
As for how much salvation trophy hunters have delivered to an at risk species remains to be seen.  I'm sure through conservation, herds have been managed but they are not over populated.  People are over populated.  We continue to move into the animals habitat and then we want them all killed so they don't kill us or destroy our crops.

  Oh wise one what is your solution for the over population of people? As far as I know it is against the law in most places, with the exception of parts of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Serbia genocide is illegal.

 

Quote:
Elephants are definitely at risk of extinction from poaching and habitat destruction.  Warthogs are not.  How is shooting them the same?

  As long as elephant are valuable to the country where they live they will never be extinct, simply because they are valuable to the state, they are protected, and the revenue, food, and jobs they bring to the local people they assist in the protection of the elephant.  The safari companies, game scouts, and the eyes of the locals greatly hinder the poaching activity. Kenya stopped all hunting of elephant, and this took away the game department’s people out of the bush, in a short ten years the ele were wiped put in everyplace except where the park rangers were around.  The parks are a drop in the bucket compared to the natural range of wild elephant.  Outside these comparatively small parks the ele were quickly reduced to ivory in basements, and rotting meat in the bush. Anyplace where regulated hunting of elephant is allowed the population is actually over populating the carrying capacity of the land they use.  In Kenya the cessation of elephant hunting allowed them to turn the habitat into desert very quickly. This elephant habitat destruction was largely the cause of the wiping out of the black Rhino.  The Black Rhino in a browser, and will not eat grass, and ones the ele tore all the trees and brush up a great many of the black rhino simply starved to death, along with the poaching brought on by the fact that nobody was in the bush to hinder the poachers.   

 

Quote:
   The leopard used to exist as far north as Siberia, occupying all of Africa.  There are no more leopards found in Northern Africa.  I saw a couple of leopards when I was there in 2001.  One had just killed an Impala at night and was catching it's breath before dragging it up a tree.  The other was sitting on a termite mound.  When leopards feed is contingent upon their location (environment) and the type of prey they're feeding on.  They were plentiful there because all of the shooting was taking place with cameras.

    In Northern Africa people are lucky to stay alive, because the life of the people is no more valuable than the wildlife to the governments of those war-like countries, with the ethnic cleansing, and the wanton destruction of human, and wildlife to starve the poor tribes that are not Muslim is the reason for the leopard’s food supply.  In every country where hunting is allowed the leopard populations are not only stable, but also growing in number.  In the luangwa Valley of Zambia in a seven day hunt I saw four big leopard in brad daylight, just driving around, and for every leopard you see in the “wild” (not in zebra striped camera bus “ZOOS”) in day light there are fifty you don’t see because they are nocturnal hunters.  The countries in Northern Africa have no game departments at all there not needed now because there is no game to manage, as it has all been killed and eaten, because the people are starving, at least the ones the Muslim hoards have not raped and killed after destroying their villages.  The decline of the wildlife in Northern Africa had nothing to do with sport hunting at all. 

 

  

Quote:
If anything has helped to help the animals to begin to replenish their numbers, it's been Eco-Tourism.  African landowners have realized that the animals are more valueable to them alive rather than dead.  The elephant herd in Botswana is about 120,000, about 80,000 less than you stated.  The african elephant numbers about 300,000 across all of africa.  You left 4000 pounds of biltong in a village of 1500 and that's a comendable act but that's barely 2.5 pounds per person, a few days worth.  You also stated that africans don't hunt except to eat or for pay.  That pay is in stolen ivory.  I've yet to see an elephant killed for it's ivory that wasn't left there to rot away. 

  First off the pay I was referring to are people hired by the safari companies as tracker cooks wood gathers, and skinners, and general camp staff. This is work these people don’t get from poachers which are usually illegal armies that use large vehicles, and automatic rifles to take out whole herds of elephant rhino, and bush meat.  The biggest deterrent to this activity is the safari companies in the hunting concessions.  The fact that the locals get work, and most of the meat from these companies, become allies reporting any poaching they see.  In Botswana, the permits for elephant are far fewer that the birth rate of elephant, and the foreign exchange it brings in is the finance that allows the game departments to operate.

  The population grows larger every year in Botswana, and there is precious little so-called ECO-TOURISM in Botswana. Eco-tourism only helps the wildlife in the parks, but in almost every country where big game hunting is allowed there are hunting concessions surrounding all the wildlife parks, and there are as many animals in these concessions as there are in the parks.  The wild life departments protect the hunting concessions, and the individual concessions are guarded by the safari companies, who have leased them from the game departments, that is why you have a lot of animals in those parks because they are protected by a ring of hunting concessions around them. It had damn little to do with the shutterbugs in those Zebra striped streetcars.  It is rare that you get a picture with three other buses in the background in those zoos!        

Quote:
No animal is more destructive on earth than an elephant.  You said it.  The elephants didn't turn forests into desert until man took their forests and turned them into[B] postage stamp sized parcels of land[/B].  We move into an area and deplete it of it's natural resources and then move on.  We pump out the crude, we level the forests, we dig up the valuable stones, we kill off the animals that are beneficial to us (read $$$) and leave the rest to perish because of habitat destruction.  I saw heavy elephant damage in Sabi Sands area but it sure wasn't a desert.  The trees that had been pushed over had resprouted and were doing just fine.

You said that one the earth has been turned by a plow that it will never be populated by wildlife again.  Again, that's false.  Why do you think natives are having to kill elephants that are raiding not only their crops but their villages too.  Elephants are very intelligent, social animals who don't easily forget.  Revenge killings on people?  I think so.

   None of this destruction has anything to do with hunting. Since you can’t kill off the people, and the fact that the animals have had their habitat reduced to “POSTAGE STAMP Parcels of land, the population of the animals have to be reduced to the carrying capacity of the available land, or they will all die out. You can’t turn the whole world into parks where people are not allowed to live, so what other alternative do we have. The fact that the stumps are re-sprouting means that in about fifty years they will be big enough to feed the elephant that depend on them for food. If the population had been reduced before they tore up that area, it would still be feeding the one left.   The reason the populations of animals are declining is, as you say, the population of humans is growing, but that is simply a fact that we must live with.  It makes far more sense to manage the wildlife than to loose them all!

  Hunting is the salvation of the species we have because if they are of no value to the people who share the habitat with them and compete for room and food, they will be removed in favor of the human population, I assure you.   The habitat over used not only harms the elephant but every species that utilizes it for anything for food to cover or escape.  The managing of the hunting species directly benefits the non-game animals as well, as the people who live there too!  

  

Quote:
All in all, I can't get over your outlook on wildlife in Africa and particularly the elephant.  You seem to be singing the same song over and over again; the best thing for the elephants survival is to kill more of them.  With todays big-bore, high-powered rifles, seasoned guides and trackers, private game ranches and game that has grown used to seeing humans, elephant hunting is no more dangerous than a trip to the meat counter of your favorite super market.  Try killing one with a spear or a long bow.  Fred Bear did.  That's dangerous!

    First off I’m not an elephant hunter, and I have no desire to shoot an elephant.  However, I know that when any animal species outstretches it habitat, the only way to save the population that is left if to manage the rest so it stays within the carrying capacity of they habitat. You are talking about something you know nothing about where the hunting of elephant is concerned. Hunting elephant is not an easy thing to do, they don’t act in the wild the way they do in your parks.  First the average tracking is about 15 to 20 miles in a day, in African heat, and thorn.  Once you close on them in tight cover they can be within  5 feet of you and you can’t see them many times. If there is more than one that you can’t see when the shot is fired the Askaris  are the danger even if you have put the one you shot down.  Top that off with the fact that a bullet must penetrate 4 feet of flesh and bone to get to the brain, and the shot placement is not easy to predict, as the charging bull is shaking his head, and bouncing it up and down, and can cover 15 yards in the time it takes you to fire one shot, and if you miss the brain you are toe jam in short order. The brain shot is the only thing that will stop a charge from a bull, and these elephant that are hunted and have been harassed out of the sadza fields do not act like your open air zoo animals that are used to your tourist busses.  One of these time you should try your picture taking in a hunting concession where you have to get out of that car, and go into the weeds with the elephant, I assure you, you will change some of your thinking.

Quote:
All of the information above has been gleened from the web.  It's all there and more.  I realize you have the right to be a trophy hunter and I won't argue that point but I don't buy the animals are better off if we kill them than just leaving them alone.

Good luck in the field,
Marc Grant Photography

On second thought you wouldn’t, change your thinking because your mind is made up!  About the only thing you know about was written by another ignorant person who believes everything he reads on the Internet as well.  If it is on the Internet or on the six o’clock news it must be true.  Son, get out of that park car, and into the weeds with Tembo then tell me how dangerous it is compared to the trip to the supermarket!   I predict you will need a large roll of toilet tissue, or more likely someone will have to send what is left of you home in a garbage bag!

 

  Finally I don’t understand what difference there is between a trophy hunter and any other hunter, as long as he takes no more than he is allowed, and the meat id utilized to feed people.  I’m Not a trophy hunter per say, I’m just a hunter, and I do every thing in an ethically, and never break game laws or any laws for that matter.  Anyone who tells you hunters are the reason for the decline in any animal is simply talking out another orifice other than his mouth, and simply does not know what he/she is talking about.

Good day sir!  You need to get into the bush a lot more on foot, I’ll be happy to go along and film the outcome, or shoot a lion, buffalo, or elephant off you before he kills you.  If you want I’ll protect you with a spear is you thing that is more sporting, but when he turns toward me, the spear will be traded for a 470NE double rifle, because I’m not as stupid as people who think elephants are not dangerous if you have a rifle! 

.................................................................................................Hello

      

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
The Best Idaho Tags????clearwaterart1208/02/2013 14:36 pm
NOT STIFF ENOUGH!!!!numbnutz1411/27/2011 14:36 pm
Weaver Grand Slam ?shatodavis603/28/2005 12:05 pm