5 replies [Last post]
HB-248

house bill 248 was signed into law. All first time graduates of Montana hunter education between the ages of 12 and 17 will receive a free big game combination license.

expatriate's picture
HB-248

Wow. Just when you start losing faith with politicians they come out with something like this -- really top notch legislation. There can't be a better way to boost hunter safety among youth, and it helps develop the young hunters we need as well. Truly great news! If they really wanted to boost safety in the woods, they'd try the same program for the 18-40 demographic, too.

HB-248

I was at an all day meeting yesterday 3-1-03 when they talked about HB-248 I asked about the ages and everybody looked at each other like no one had ever thought about first time adult hunters. SO maybe down the line. The other bill thats looking good is all first time hunters born after 1985 would have to take a hunter education course before receiving a lic.

expatriate's picture
HB-248

At any rate, it sounds like Montana's on the right track, unlike Alabama. Down here, anyone born after 1 Aug 77 must have hunter safety to buy a license. However, a license is only required for anyone 16 or older, and I haven't yet found a minimum age to hunt. So legally a kid can hunt for years down here before having to attend hunter safety.

bitmasher's picture
HB-248

That is a good piece of legislation. I hope it encourages young hunters.

HB-248

Thanks for the info Gunslinger. If you run across news like this and know of a web site link or news release, please send it in to us. News like this is what we like to run on the main site.