26 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/02/AR200812...

Or better yet just go to Josh Marshall's TPM, he's the one who connected the dots in what now seems like ancient history. Remember Gonzales resigned Rove quit all because a blogger got a whole bunch of people in differnt states to start following the local news about their own US Attourneys.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

A sitting Governor was falsly imprisoned, state reps were arrested and booked all for the crime of belonging to the wrong party. The voter purges of 04, congress people surved papers the week of elections only to have the bogus charges dropped after the elections. Of course this is all tip of the iceberg stuff. All of the Republican Attourneys who were fired refused to use the law to assist the aquisition of political power, what about the others who weren't fired. What did they do to keep their jobs.

What happens in a little over a month when there is an exec who although not on a witch hunt will no longer stonewall. Who will do time.

The thing I'd most like to see is the criminals go to jail. Time to make an example I'd say. Gonzales? Rove? Cheney? Heck even the probe into that Fundy Palose is heating up.

I can't even remember the other scandals at the top of the list. Torture memos? I won't be happy until I see mug shots and perp walks.

Elections over.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

Did Drudge ever link to that WaPo story? I need to know, so I'll know whether or not the story is valid in your mind.

Here we go again...more conspiracy theories about US attorney firings. Does this mean you want to talk about the 93 US attorneys that Clinton fired? These people serve at the discretion of the President, and it's within his power to let them go. It didn't go anywhere when Clinton did it, and it hasn't gone anywhere when Bush did it, either.

And by the way...the investigations into Sarah Palin found that she was acting within her authority for firing her public safety commissioner. It's an old story... use the fast-moving media to build a perception that there's something dirty about an executive using his/her discretion, and exploit the media to incur as much damage as possible before the truth comes out via a slow judicial system. The US attorney issue is a dead end.

So is there a story here, or is this thread just another link in your ongoing effort develop a unified master theory that ties Bush, Rove, Cheney, and Halliburton to the forces of the Universe and the "God" particle?

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,
Quote:
93 US attorneys that Clinton fired?

This is a perfect example of using a little truth to distort a greater one, or telling part of the story. Of course I always wonder, because Expat is a bright guy, does he understand the story and is repeating disinformation to spin, or does he not really get understand it because he only reads propaganda sources.

All presidents fire all the attorneys of the former president if the other president is of the other party. The difference this time is that they were attourneys that Bush himself had hired. When they failed to prosecute baseless charges against Dems based on political considerations he canned them.

Which was it expat? Did you not understand or was it intentional?

Not all Republicans are corrupt. The party used to stand for the opposite. The prosecutors persueing both these cases are very much Republican. They are also honest, and when they know someone has done something wrong watch out. Remember Fitzgerald? The justice department is supposed to opperate in a non partisan fashion, some people take that seriously. Honest prosecutors often have much more loyalty to the law, the country, and the Constitution than some lying, law breaking politicians.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

The point is that US attorneys serve at the discretion of the President. If he doesn't like the job they were doing, it's perfectly within his discretion to fire them. For any reason. Period. What he did was legal, and he would've been within his rights to fire the guys if he didn't like the way they parted their hair.

I'm really having a hard time understanding where you're coming from on this. Your position basically is that if you hire an employee to do a job and he isn't following directions and doing it the way you want him to, you shouldn't take action. Say what? The President shouldn't expect his appointees to enact the agenda he hired them to?

A chief executive wouldn't be doing his job if he kept people around who didn't perform to his standards. Presidents have done it throughout history. By your standard, Truman was out of bounds for firing MacArthur.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Re: A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,
civetcat wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/02/AR2008120203292.html?nav=rss_politics

Or better yet just go to Josh Marshall's TPM, he's the one who connected the dots in what now seems like ancient history. Remember Gonzales resigned Rove quit all because a blogger got a whole bunch of people in differnt states to start following the local news about their own US Attourneys.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

A sitting Governor was falsly imprisoned, state reps were arrested and booked all for the crime of belonging to the wrong party. The voter purges of 04, congress people surved papers the week of elections only to have the bogus charges dropped after the elections. Of course this is all tip of the iceberg stuff. All of the Republican Attourneys who were fired refused to use the law to assist the aquisition of political power, what about the others who weren't fired. What did they do to keep their jobs.

What happens in a little over a month when there is an exec who although not on a witch hunt will no longer stonewall. Who will do time.

The thing I'd most like to see is the criminals go to jail. Time to make an example I'd say. Gonzales? Rove? Cheney? Heck even the probe into that Fundy Palose is heating up.

I can't even remember the other scandals at the top of the list. Torture memos? I won't be happy until I see mug shots and perp walks.

Elections over.

If not for the fact that Gonzales is Hispanic, would you be attacking him? I think your attacks on him are racially motivated.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Re: A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,
CVC wrote:
civetcat wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/02/AR2008120203292.html?nav=rss_politics

Or better yet just go to Josh Marshall's TPM, he's the one who connected the dots in what now seems like ancient history. Remember Gonzales resigned Rove quit all because a blogger got a whole bunch of people in differnt states to start following the local news about their own US Attourneys.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

A sitting Governor was falsly imprisoned, state reps were arrested and booked all for the crime of belonging to the wrong party. The voter purges of 04, congress people surved papers the week of elections only to have the bogus charges dropped after the elections. Of course this is all tip of the iceberg stuff. All of the Republican Attourneys who were fired refused to use the law to assist the aquisition of political power, what about the others who weren't fired. What did they do to keep their jobs.

What happens in a little over a month when there is an exec who although not on a witch hunt will no longer stonewall. Who will do time.

The thing I'd most like to see is the criminals go to jail. Time to make an example I'd say. Gonzales? Rove? Cheney? Heck even the probe into that Fundy Palose is heating up.

I can't even remember the other scandals at the top of the list. Torture memos? I won't be happy until I see mug shots and perp walks.

Elections over.

If not for the fact that Gonzales is Hispanic, would you be attacking him? I think your attacks on him are racially motivated.

I'm hispanic and I can't stand that little toadie gonzales. Am I, making a racially motivated attack on my own race??? Think

As civet said it's par for the course for a new Pres. to fire and rehire the attorneys when he first takes office. All Presidents have done it. The thing with this case is that when Rebub and Dem attorneys alike refused to start baseless proceedings against Democrats targeted by rove and gonzales they were fired.

If I recall one of the main attorneys who spoke up against this, I saw him interviewed on Bill Maher, was a REPUBLICAN.

Slimy tactics from slimy people. Thank goodness their gone! Thumbs up

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

The crime is false imprisonment, and conspiring to arrest to affect an election, I'm sure there are many more there too. It's not for nothing Gonzales and Rove resigned. There was just too much there, besides Gonzales giving totally contradictory testimony while under oath. I personally had forgotten about the whole thing. This is only one of quite a few investigations that are quietly bubling away, stalled by claims of executive privelige or just regular delay tactics.

Think of it this way. If Obama came in and arrested all 40 some Republican senators you'd probably think he was breaking some sort of law. In the US you just can't do that sort of thing, and it's not just Dems who think so, (thank god).

CVC you're right about Gonzales, don't forget Thomas because he's black, and while you're at it include wing nut fundies using specious arguements on a web forum to score points.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

SoCo - you are absolutely right - the criticism toward Gonzales has nothing to do with his race.

That is the point that I was hoping to make in my comment and by extension to demonstrate how hypocritical it is for people to try to label critics of Obama as racist.

Critcism of an elected official, most often has nothing to do with their race but their actions and their politics.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,
CVC wrote:
SoCo - you are absolutely right - the criticism toward Gonzales has nothing to do with his race.

That is the point that I was hoping to make in my comment and by extension to demonstrate how hypocritical it is for people to try to label critics of Obama as racist.

Critcism of an elected official, most often has nothing to do with their race but their actions and their politics.

Yeah, I figured, but I didn't see where your point fit. Did civet say it had to do with his race? If so, I missed that.

Back to the original point. Again both Repub and Dem prosecutors were fired once they didn't want to go after rove and gonzo partisan inspired witch hunts.

Wouldn't you agree that was dishonest, immoral, and doesn't belong in our Gov.? If I ever hear Obama and his admin do the same type of thing I will be just as disgusted with them as I am with little gonzo and rove.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,

No, civetcat didn't bring up race in this post, but he's accused others of being racist because of their criticism of Obama. So, I thought I'd use his tactics against him in this post, not because I think it had any merit, but just to highlight the foolishness of that type of attack.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
A grand jury in the District has issued subpoenas,
CVC wrote:
No, civetcat didn't bring up race in this post, but he's accused others of being racist because of their criticism of Obama. So, I thought I'd use his tactics against him in this post, not because I think it had any merit, but just to highlight the foolishness of that type of attack.

Since when did attacks by civetcat require merit?

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Jury duty scamJCalhoun110/07/2007 22:53 pm
Murderer Not Responsible?expatriate1002/02/2003 22:50 pm
Grand Slambnow0707801/17/2005 13:10 pm
Warning Obama Bashing - Proceed at Own RiskCVC512/24/2008 18:12 pm
Grand SlamVA YOUNG BUCK705/31/2011 00:14 am