2 replies [Last post]
Elk hunting RFW - Craig, CO 2015

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you can help me out.  We are back hunting the RFW in Craig, CO this year, for the 7th year.  Dick Dodd has since retired (Elkhorn Outfitters) and there is a new outfit in charge.  With Dick leaving, my hunting party of 4 are in a bind, because our connections for retrieval/packing out went with Dick.

Do any of you in Craig know of someone, preferably with a snowmobile, who would want to help us out the weekend of 11/20-11/22ish?  This would be a paying gig, and where we hunt the 4 of us usually are successful.

There was one guy who helped out 2 years ago.  He drove a white/tan Ford F250/350 lifted on 35"s.  I remember the axles locked and it being huge. I know that Craig is a tight knit town, so if you know who that is, I would appreciate his contact information.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Can't help you much on the

Can't help you much on the Craig area but from what I have read you are liminted on the number of people that you can bring with you on a RFW property along with no off roading. 

If I was you I would contact the operator and see what he can do for you for a small fee if he requires it. 

Yeah, I've contacted the

Yeah, I've contacted the operator, and he said that if they weren't busy, they would be willing to help out, but that if I could find someone to help, he would allow that too.  So there is a slight chance that this request is moot, but I'd rather find someone now vs. waiting to the last minute.

Thanks for the response.