7 replies [Last post]
buckykm1's picture
DIY Elk hunting partner needed for MT. 2015

DIY Elk hunting partner needed for SW Montana 2015.

My Regular Hunting partner informed me that He is taking his Wife to Hawaii for their 40th anniversary in 2015. And he won’t be able to hunt in 2015 and he is retiring in 2016, so it doesn’t sound like he will be going then either.

I am 62 years old, married, I don’t drink or smoke. And my Wife prefers that I don’t hunt alone 1700 miles from home, and the hunt is more fun when you have a partner to share it with anyway.  I made my first Elk hunting trip in 1986, and have gone almost every year sense. With the last 6 years to SW Montana, and have been lucky enough to get 3 elk in the 6 years.

So I am looking for one person interested in going with me on a DIY Elk hunt to Montana in 2015, and maybe beyond.  It will be a Rifle hunt.

I live in SW Michigan, so it will need to be someone in MI. or a neighboring State, so we can meet several times to make sure that we can get along. And have similar hunting styles and ethics.

I will be leaving on Sunday October 18th at 3am and be back on Saturday, Oct. 31st.

I have all the camping gear, and it is all first class.

I have a 14’ x 16’ Wall tent with a 10’ awning out the front. porta potty, Shower, propane heat, wall to wall carpet. And a Honda Generator for power.

The 2 week trip will cost about $2000.00 each. That includes pretty much everything. the License, food at Camp, gas, Motel each way on the trip and the propane for heat.

I do have 2 Rules in my Hunting Camp that are ZERO TOLERANCE.

1 - No Drugs period.

2 – No Alcoholic Beverages during hunting hours.

If, you’re interested, send me a PM and let’s talk.

Kevin

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
I can't believe that someone

I can't believe that someone would pick their wife and 40th anniversary along with a trip to Hawaii over a elk hunting trip. 

Good luck on your search, here is a bump up for you. 

SGM
SGM's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
OK I can see him not going to

OK I can see him not going to keep momma happy but not going because he is retiring? That is just plan crazy talk! I retired this past January and my wife asks when I am leaving. Now I have the time to hunt as I like but finding a partner can be an issue sometimes. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

buckykm1's picture
Alaska Trip

SGM wrote:

OK I can see him not going to keep momma happy but not going because he is retiring? That is just plan crazy talk! I retired this past January and my wife asks when I am leaving. Now I have the time to hunt as I like but finding a partner can be an issue sometimes. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

When he retires in 2016, he plans on going on a 6 week trip to Alaska with his Wife, that is why he won't be hunting then

Kevin

SGM
SGM's picture
That makes sense, from your

That makes sense, from your post it sounded like he was hanging it up for life.

buckykm1's picture
Camp Picture

Maybe I can tempt someone with a camp picture. and my 2014 DIY Bull.

PreviewAttachmentSize
DSCN0709.JPG
DSCN0709.JPG2.16 MB
DSCN0702.JPG
DSCN0702.JPG1.95 MB
DSCN0701.JPG
DSCN0701.JPG2.15 MB
Montana 2010 007.jpg
Montana 2010 007.jpg2.04 MB
DSCN0717.JPG
DSCN0717.JPG1.96 MB
DSCN0734.JPG
DSCN0734.JPG2.24 MB
SGM
SGM's picture
Looks like a Hilton in the

Looks like a Hilton in the woods, very nice!

buckykm1's picture
Closed

I would like to thank everyone for their response.I have decided to close this, between here and several other sources, I have 8 to 10 people to call and then meet over the next few weeks. This is twice as many as I thought I would have.

I don’t want to drag this out, or keep people wondering if they are going or not.

I hope to talk to everyone on the phone first, and then meet them in person, shortly after that.My decision will be based totally on how we get along and hunting Ethics, weather you have ever Elk hunted or not, will have nothing to do with my decision.

This is a DIY Elk hunt, but it is also a 2 week vacation in God’s Country, so I want to make sure I pick a partner that I know I will get along with and have a great time whether we get an Elk or not.

PS; if you sent me a PM, and didn’t include your phone# please do so, if you’re serious about going.

If for some reason; I don’t find the person I am looking for from this group, I may reopen this.

Thank You

Kevin