5 replies [Last post]
Tndeerhunter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
December 7th 1941

I'd simply like to make a mention of this date, a day that will forever be remembered by Americans and especially by the generation who lived through it. Nothing was too difficult to do, if it helped our Boys (and girls) overseas and every American alive then felt the crunch that devastating war had on this entire world.

If you know someone who served, tell them thanks. If you simply know someone alive who endured those tough times, tell them thanks as well. Those people saved the world as we know it. One of the most precious things I own is a medal, an Armed Forces Medal my Great Uncle wore overseas during WWII. It's never been off my body for a day since being given to me as I deployed to Desert Storm. I am very honored to have received it.

The generations we know as our parents and grandparents endured much so we might still be free. I sometimes cringe to think of how some Americans' spines have softened. We owe it to them, our immediate previous generations, to continue fighting for those things they gave us.

Thanks for listening!

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Absolutely, good post!  This

Absolutely, good post!  This is a great day to be thankful for all those that have served in the past and are currently serving.  My Grandfather was part of that greatest generation, and while he was not at Pearl Harbor on that day, he served a couple of years in Europe.

Thanks to all!!!

Tndeerhunter's picture
thanks

Ca_Vermonster wrote:

Absolutely, good post!  This is a great day to be thankful for all those that have served in the past and are currently serving.  My Grandfather was part of that greatest generation, and while he was not at Pearl Harbor on that day, he served a couple of years in Europe.

Thanks to all!!!

If your Grandfather is still among us, please tell him that Ed thanks him for his sacrifices.  Applause

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Thanks for that, but he went

Thanks for that, but he went to be with his creator last year.  He led a great life, and passed on many, many great things!

Tndeerhunter's picture
Still

I'm still proud to thank what he did for all of us!  Applause

WesternHunter's picture
Good post

My hats off to all those who have served and continue to serve.  Had we not responded as we did the day after the attacks on Pear Harbor I'm convinced that tyranny would rule the world.  There would likely be a major war right now waging between the Third Reich and Imperial Japan for control of the world.  All we know today is that the US and our allies defeated the threat.  But few today know just how much of a real threat they actually were.  People today have no idea just how close those two empires came to actualy taking over most of the world.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like