92 replies [Last post]
expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Conversation with a D about Obama

It's not the Republicans taking this country toward socialism, shutting out political opposition, trying to steal an election in Minnesota, ramming multi-billion dollar bills through without a chance for review, talking about restricting 2nd Amendment rights, and looking into reinstituting the "fairness doctrine" and restricting free speech. And it's not the Republicans going after people for voting in line with their religious beliefs.

And gee -- it hasn't even been a month yet!

The people you refer to as "thugs" actually endure criticism and allow it to flourish. Your liberal friends with all their blather about inclusion and tolerance are the ones trying to silence people whenever they can. When tyranny gains the upper hand in this country, it'll ride in from the left on a wave of applause and adulation like it's done almost every other time throughout history.

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Conversation with a D about Obama

expat wrote,

Quote:
Your liberal friends with all their blather about inclusion and tolerance are the ones trying to silence people whenever they can

Historicaly it's the left,not the right that are the thugs. Look at the list of lefties just in the last 70 or 80 years.

V.I. Lenin.......Lefty
A. Hitler.........Lefty
Chairman Mao....Lefty
Pol Pot......Lefty
Castro.........Lefty
Ho chi Min......Lefty
Stalin..........Lefty
It's not us righties that try and shut down the opposition, limit free speech, excecute political rivals and exterminate entire races. It's you lefties. What makes you think todays lefties are any more loving and caring then these little Teddy Bears of socialism. Same philosophy, same doctrine, different marketing strategy. Patheticaly it's working yet again.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Conversation with a D about Obama
BunnySlayer wrote:
expat wrote,
Quote:
Your liberal friends with all their blather about inclusion and tolerance are the ones trying to silence people whenever they can

Historicaly it's the left,not the right that are the thugs. Look at the list of lefties just in the last 70 or 80 years.

V.I. Lenin.......Lefty
A. Hitler.........Lefty
Chairman Mao....Lefty
Pol Pot......Lefty
Castro.........Lefty
Ho chi Min......Lefty
Stalin..........Lefty
It's not us righties that try and shut down the opposition, limit free speech, excecute political rivals and exterminate entire races. It's you lefties. What makes you think todays lefties are any more loving and caring then these little Teddy Bears of socialism. Same philosophy, same doctrine, different marketing strategy. Patheticaly it's working yet again.

Ah, C'mon Buns, I expect this type of jingoistic, inflammatory, and immature, insinuations from expat that's his schtick and bread and butter, but your better then that. Besides, we both know your guys, the conservatives, eroded more of our freedoms under the guise of 'security' over the last eight years.

As Benjamin Franklin said:

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

But, your guys were the ones willing to wiretap us American citizens and throw away habeas corpus. Seems your team is the one willing to throw away personal freedoms and spy on us, US citizens, much like Stalin did to his people.

Again, I say C'mon now Buns!!! sad

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Conversation with a D about Obama

Seems to me Bunny you are the last one to be linking political parties to torturers and murderers, isn't that what you suggested for anyone we might think is a "terrorist"?

One of your buddies is on trial.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/world/asia/17cambodia.html

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Conversation with a D about Obama
Quote:
But, your guys were the ones willing to wiretap us American citizens and throw away habeas corpus. Seems your team is the one willing to throw away personal freedoms and spy on us, US citizens, much like Stalin did to his people.

SoCo - help me out. I opposed this when Bush did, but I haven't seen where Obama has put a stop to it.

Did I miss him stopping it?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Conversation with a D about Obama
CVC wrote:
Quote:
But, your guys were the ones willing to wiretap us American citizens and throw away habeas corpus. Seems your team is the one willing to throw away personal freedoms and spy on us, US citizens, much like Stalin did to his people.

SoCo - help me out. I opposed this when Bush did, but I haven't seen where Obama has put a stop to it.

Did I miss him stopping it?

I'll look into it, but keep in mind it's been a......................... Month! It's a little harding then just saying stop. Also, it still applies to the gist of the last couple of posts no?

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Conversation with a D about Obama

My point SoCo is that whatever you may think of the right wing, even old "devil dubya" himself is a piker compared to the left wing historicaly. And that's assuming all you say about him is fact. Am I comparing Obama to Hitler or Stalin? No. I'm saying the same philosophy that led to those tragedies is yet again raising it's ugly and dangerous head. It's the same ugly monster,it's just brushed it's teeth and put on a little make up. We need to take care and pay attention here. I for one don't think we need the same old garbage with different packaging.
Civetcat wrote,

Quote:
Seems to me Bunny you are the last one to be linking political parties to torturers and murderers, isn't that what you suggested for anyone we might think is a "terrorist"?

Your trying to compare the waterboarding of a few terrorists to the extermination, imprisonment and TRUE torture of roughly a billion people by the left? That is funny, and Im the one who's delusional? I think your reality check just bounced. You're right about one thing though. If I had my way waterboarding would be the new national sport for Islamic Jihadists. I have no problem with it.

In answer to your statement about freedom SoCo I assume your speaking of the patriot act. I must admit I have mixed feelings on this issue as well. We need to try and keep tabs on terrorists but how do we do that without infringing on the rights of the law abiding? That is a question for which I do not have a good answer. If you do I will certainly listen with an open mind.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Conversation with a D about Obama
civetcat wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/world/asia/17cambodia.html

The NY times is not a reputable source and is not recognized by the free thinking world. Brick Wall,)
please post with a link to a reputable news source.

Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Conversation with a D about Obama

Bunny you and that Khmer Rouge guy they have on trial think the same. No torture is too terrible for your percieved enemies. First you think of a name that translates as "we can do whatever we want to this group of people"

If you hate American values so much, go somewhere else.

Jtapia I don't understand the pride in ignorance but whatever makes you happy guy, got any kids?

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Conversation with a D about Obama
Quote:
Bunny you and that Khmer Rouge guy they have on trial think the same. No torture is too terrible for your percieved enemies. First you think of a name that translates as "we can do whatever we want to this group of people"

If you hate American values so much, go somewhere else.

Khmer rouge? Seems like they hang in your neck of the woods over there in Cambodia. The KR were LEFT wing nuts like you. I'm a RIGHT wing nut remember? As far as hating American values goes that's a laugh. With that statement your frustration and anger become apparent. . As your views are being torn apart before your eyes your lashing out is understandable. I do however find it amusing that you bring up American Values only when dealing with foreign crimminals and murderers. Citizens can " go somewhere else" I guess. Typical left wing knee jerk reaction.. Once again when your ideas are threatened with something for which you have no intellectual counter you lash out with name calling or you attack the messenger. Liking me to Khmer Rouge is like accusing you of being a John Bircher or a gun owner or something. What a joke.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Obama Doesn't Think It Is a Big Deal - Do You?CVC1105/31/2009 14:08 pm
More Obama liesbuffybr205/10/2008 02:52 am
Why Vote for Obama?JTapia1208/13/2008 08:51 am
Obama -- Ready to RULEexpatriate4911/16/2008 13:45 pm
Rapper Ludacris supports a presidential candidateWhelland208/08/2008 05:53 am