5 replies [Last post]
Colorado Wildlife Commission Finalizes 2010 Regulations

Full Story:

Colorado Wildlife Commission Finalizes 2010 Regulations

Please use this area to post comments or questions about this news item.

Timberline's picture
Re: Colorado Wildlife Commission Finalizes 2010 Regulations

Regarding the change in the statewide muzzleloader tags. Shouldn't this change make some units available to hunt muzzleloader elk without preference points?
If so, how many? most? or will we have to wait a year to see the impact it has on the draw?

exbiologist's picture

There's no way of knowing. I'm going to assume that some units will now require 1, 2 or maybe even 3 preference points for a bull tag. But some of the more out of the way places may not require any. I suspect cow tags will also be available as leftovers for some units, and will be gone by 2nd choice in others.

What degree is required to get into a Wildlife organization? I'm a college freshman, my mayor is zoology. I'm interested in getting into a wildlife organization, defending animals. Like the WWF, or the Defenders of Wildlife, or Sea Shepard, or other organization that protects animals. But I'm also interested in scientific research on animals, like studying them. Any suggestions. I think I've heard that getting a Master's Degree in Zoology or something, is the best option. Right now I'm working on my Bachelor's. What plans would you suggest me? Thanks if you answer!

exbiologist's picture

You're asking the wrong people about those organizations. Those are the people who want to destroy us, and in their convoluted sense of justice think animals are just furry people. They have no idea what conservation truly means, and are preservationists: valuing animals above people, so that there is no use of a renewable resource. Aldo Leopold once said something like, 'preservation is befitting the land at a cost to man, exploitation is benefitting man at a cost to the land, but conservation is a benefit to both". Anyway, hunters are conservationists, those radical left wing groups you just mentioned are preservationists.
Those organizations don't want scientists, they want political activists. And do us a favor, stay out of the government wildlife agencies too. We've had a hard enough time with the retirement of the old "hook and bullet" guys being replaced by "ecoysystem management" (ie. do nothing) types.

klejandara This is a joke, right ? Just looking to get a rise out of a few people? Won't bite.