I am looking at a Colorado Mule Deer rifle hunt this year. I am hunting horns, like everyone else I am sure, but looking for advice on what areas to apply for. I live in Arizona and have hunted New Mexico all of my life as that is where I grew up. Hunting mule deer is not new but Colorado is. I have a list of of questions that I am sure you guys can help with.
1. What units to apply for
2. What hunts in those units
3. Ability of acquire landowner tags, if so what units
4. I have three people, can we all apply together on one application
5. Outfitters, if I have to use one, any suggestions. I would prefer a self guided hunt if possible but your input is required.
6. If you were going to apply would you suggest another state as well, Utah, Wyoming. All experience is greatly appreciated.
I am realistic about the chances of getting drawn in Colorado and that is why I am interested in the possibility of landowner vouchers.