2 replies [Last post]
COLORADO CWD CJD TSE PRION REPORTING 2011

Sunday, November 13, 2011

COLORADO CWD CJD TSE PRION REPORTING 2011

http://transmissiblespongiformencephalopathy.blogspot.com/2011/11/colorado-cwd-cjd-tse-prion-reporting.html

TSS

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
I guess this could be seen as

I guess this could be seen as a positive report on CWD. If this works as they hope they will be able to test much more quickly and actually on live animals without the need to kill them all just to find out if hey have it or not. Could have saved all that guys deer back east if this was already available.

I didn't know one asian country was positive for the disease as well. I knew about all the states and Canada but that was all.

I guess even a little good news is a start.

COMeatHunter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
It's good news

I would take development of a more rapid testing method with higher sensitivity to be good news.  Although it does seem like progress on understanding this disease, especially it's trasmission pathways, is painfully slow.  I suppose that's research sometimes and we shouldn't criticize the efforts being made.  This disease, in particular, is very complex and difficult to develop good study models which adds greatly to the time needed to find answers to seemingly straightforward questions like "how does it move from animal to animal?"

Good to see some progress with the testing methods.