SENIOR MANAGER OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - ACCESSORIES
LOCATION: Anoka, MN
Join ATK and you will find a home in one of the world's most advanced weapon and space systems companies. We are committed to developing the technologies of tomorrow and providing our employees with rewarding careers. With operations in 23 states and growing all the time, ATK offers the challenge of making a difference. Consider the following exciting opportunity and discover how YOU can make a difference at ATK.
The Civil Ammunition Group, a division of ATK is a leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of ammunition products. The Senior Manager of Product Development will oversee new product development activities for all Accessory Brands. This position will report to the Director of Technology. Responsibilities include:
• Defining the short and long-term strategic direction for Accessory Brands
• Act as primary liaison for Accessory Brands in respective development initiatives. Coordinate strategic plans with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Operations)
• Oversee the successful completion of product development projects
• Manage New Product Development Department budget for Accessory Brands
• Manage and review discretionary spending plans
• Provide overall leadership and direction to the New Product Development Staff
• Set role and performance expectations, manage New Product Development Staff at multiple locations
• Identify external talent and develop staff; provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals
• Develop and manage vendor relations and agreements
• Drive the formation of strategic partnerships both internal and external
• Attend key industry shows and writer events
• Evaluation / acquisition of Intellectual Property
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelors Degree in related Engineering
• 10+years business development management experience – product management, product development, process planning, business requirement identification
• Proven ability to build strong relationship, experience with manageing and interacting with all levels within the organization
• Proven project management expertise with the ability to lead cross-funcational teams
• Proven ability to motivate other to action, build consensus and influence the decisions of management
• Ability to travel up to 50% (some international)
• Ability to manage staff at multiple locations
• Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
• Strong interest/ passion in outdoor sports accessories.
Apply online for this position at http://www.atk.com Careers, Search Openings. Then, search under reference job requisition #54893.
ATK offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, recognition for individual skills and accomplishments, and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
ATK is an Equal Opportunity Employer