7 replies [Last post]
HOGGETTER's picture
Cal spring 2011

Heres some roasters!

April 2011, here I finished off a small hog for my buddy, he gut shot it and it ran right past me at 20yards

May 24th, My buddy had no problems with this hog using a 308 win, trying out a new reload formula. 

June 8th, With a little overkill I wacked these two small boars with my 300WSM also using a new CA non lead reload formula.

As you can tell the green country side is long gone here in Central Cal.

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Great looking early season

Great looking early season fun in some great country. Hog hunting has gotten to be one of my favorite things when there is nothing else going on but I have to drive to Texas to get it done.

Are you hunting on public land out there or have a private connection? I had read that the public hunts are not usually very productibe but it looks like your'e doing pretty good.

elkkill06's picture
Looks like some great fun

HOGGETTER,

Some good looking pigs there and congrats ! That is definately one way to stay hunting in the early summer.

I personally have never hog hunted, but I have been able to enjoy the wild hogs every year for the last four years thanks to one of my buddies. They are delicious for sure ! :thumbsup1:

Keep the great pics coming and thanks for sharing !

Quinton

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Always love the hog shots

Always love the hog shots Hoggetter!!!  Definately some good roasters there! Thumbs up

My only question is, when are you going to invite me up there to get my first ever hog????? I am tired of fighting the 3,000 hunters trying for the elusive 200 pigs hidden in 1 million acres of national forest...... Whistling You look like you have more than enough to go around. Wink

Seriously though, been thinking about breaking the ice with one of the weekend hunts at Tejon.  The guys that go seem to have lots of fun, and pretty good success rates. 

Surprised it's getting so brown up there, considering all the rain we've gotten here this winter.  Heck, I think I had my sprinklers turned off for over 3 months.  I figured you guys would have even more the further up the state you go.

Thanks for the photos!  Keep them coming!!

HOGGETTER's picture
Your right

There are so many hogs over here. I had sole hunting rights to a sweet ranch and now its  been sold. The escrow was to close on June 1st but it didnt and they push it back a week. So I ran back up there for a few more pigs.

Now i have to wait for invites from one other ranch a little further up the road, its got bigger boars on it but its a whole lot thicker country.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Sorry to hear you lost access

Sorry to hear you lost access to that one place.  You've definately had some great success there.

If you get overrun on the new place, I am always willing to drive up and lend a hand.... Wink

HOGGETTER's picture
SAD

Yea im sucking hind tit now.

groovy mike's picture
Congratulations HOGGETTER! Good call and good luck!

Congratulations HOGGETTER!  Good call.

Congratulations HOGGETTER! You made a good call going in for a few more pigs before the deadline ran out on the ranch sale.  Those are some good pigs for roasting that you have there, stoke the fire and get the spit!   Good luck on getting the invitation on the other ranch up the road.  That would be sweet. 

And thanks for sharing the photographs with those of us on BGH.net that don’t get to hog hunt in our home areas.  Mike Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
2011 Arizona Spring Draw Application TimeCritter008/26/2010 20:24 pm
Arizona Spring DrawsCritter011/09/2010 11:48 am
NY wildlife events - late march 2011groovy mike103/09/2011 13:04 pm
Booking Spring Bear 2011TwoBear012/15/2010 16:56 pm
Spring Turkey SeasonShannonWood203/20/2011 18:56 pm