2 replies [Last post]
Cabela's Inventory Reduction Sale ($30 off $100 Order)

Does anyone have a Cabela's $30 off $100 Order coupon that they will not be using? I am looking to dabble in the Rod Building hobby and need to place an order. Please PM or E-mail. Thanks!

Quicksilver's picture
Cabela's Inventory Reduction Sale ($30 off $100 Order)

buckslayer_88, coupons are a shady way of stimulating demand and a useful tool for businesses to encourage retailer support by giving discounts to already loyal customers and attracting first time buyers.

I find coupons as annoying as commercials on tv or the solicitors that call at the most inopportune times. Coupons litter my mail box and newspapers on a daily bases. I find them in gutters along the roads, blowing around dumpsters, lying in the isles of all major grocery stores, and worst all, trashing my house. I'm tired of waking up to a pile of coupons in my newspaper and coming home from work and sifting through my mail to find junk, junk, junk, and what do you know, more freaking coupons.

The interesting thing about coupons is that there nothing more than a simple advertisement, but here's the kicker, coupons are often far more expensive than the face value. A .25 cent coupon can cost three times that after paying for the advertisement to be delivered, dealer handling, clearing house costs, redemption, misredemtion, recycling costs, and waste...

Any business, like Cabelas or Bass Pro, which can afford to blow millions of US dollars on Consumer-Oriented Sales Promotions, ie. Coupons, Contests, Premiums, Sweepstakes, Samples, Continuity Programs, Point-of-Purchases Displays, Rebates, and Product Placement Programs, are, and I quote, "Charging to much for their products and services."

Before running head long into coupon hell, I would recommend shopping on-line, where you can round up a grip of competitive prices on almost any product in a matter of seconds. You'll find that Cabelas "World's Formost Outfitter", as well as, Bass Pro Shops are often the top two most expensive suppliers of outdoor equipment. It actually pay's to shop elsewhere....

As for trashing my house and disturbing me during dinner, all coupon distributers and phone solicitors should be banished to a frozen waste land, to freeze, and wither away to nothing.

Just a thought....

I understand... coupons stink, but I still need one.

Thanks for the response Quicksilver. I obviously struck a nerve.

I am a computer programmer and I am shopping online all the time. I certainly agree with everything that you said, but in this case $30 off $100 is a better deal than can be found anywhere else at this time. Trust me, I would never shop and pay full price online for anything (unless it was something my wife wanted Wink ).

Related Forum Threads You Might Like