5 replies [Last post]
Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 vs. Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x50

I'm getting a new scope soon, but I don't know if I should get a higher end Leupold or a Bushnell. Is the difference in quality really worth paying the extra for a Leupold? Any recommendations greatly appreciated! Thumbs up

The two scopes you mentioned are not really in the same category. The Bushnell 4200 is more in the line for the VX-III but any of the Bushnell elite and the Leupolds will be a great scope for you. I think the Leupold is worth the extra you pay for it but that is a question you will have to decide for yourself. The 3200 would be more in line with the VX-II.

ChesterGolf wrote:
The two scopes you mentioned are not really in the same category. The Bushnell 4200 is more in the line for the VX-III but any of the Bushnell elite and the Leupolds will be a great scope for you. I think the Leupold is worth the extra you pay for it but that is a question you will have to decide for yourself. The 3200 would be more in line with the VX-II.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll make up my mind one I go to purchase one haha. Think I realize the two I mentioned aren't in the exact same category, but the 3200's are cheaper than the 4200's. One thing I do like about the Elite riflescopes is the rainguard and antifog features.

The rainguard is a great feature and a feature that I wish I had on my Leupolds. I would not hasitate to buy the bushnell. I can tell you the Leupold is one TOUGH scope and will take a true beating and not let you down. I hunt hard and that is a feature I like. I don't use custom rifles with fancy wood because it would be lost on me and ruined. My rifles are hunting partners that I want to hunt as hard as I do no matter the weather which is where the rainguard would be handy.

The Rainguard is certainly a nice feature, but FWIW, Leupold now has an add-on system for their newer scopes that does the same thing. It's kind of like adding a filter to a camera lens. I haven't personally used it yet, but since i just ordered a new Leupold scope i might give it a try.

bigrhunting's picture
Bushnell

OverLord,
The Elite is a great scope for the money. I have one on Marlin 450 lever gun I use for bear and it preforms great under all light conditions.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like