1 reply [Last post]
Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9 40mm

I'm sure this post is going to make me sound stupid, but here it goes:

I just got a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x 40mm scope. I've never had a scope before, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I have tried to adjust both the height and the windage, but to no avail. Reading through the manual, it appears that the adjustments are covered by a cap - well, I can't for the life of me get those caps off. I have already lightly damaged the finish on one with tool marks - I can make it turn left and right if gripped with tools, but not by finger grip, and I can not get it to come off.

Also, after looking at the illustration in my manual, it appears that my scope is of the "fast focus eyepiece design", yet I can NOT turn the fast focus eyepiece as indicated in my manual.

Am I missing something easy and obvious? Or is their a problem with my scope?

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9 40mm

And... the silly question has already been answered. I have a history of wrecking the things I try to force, so I got someone with a gentler hand to take a look at my scope - the focus adjustment was quite tight, and needed turned back and forth a few times to loosen it up. The caps were overtightened, but once they were unscrewed work just fine.