I’m from Hungary (country located in central Europe). Muzzleloading is a pretty new thing here so we do not have sufficent experience. One of my friends told me that if I needed some professional muzzleloading hunting advice then I should ask this forum.
I’d like to have a Kodiak Express from David Pedersoli. I can’t decide whether I should get a .54 or .58 caliber.
• the gun would be used for a distance not more than 100-120 yards
• it would be used for big games (eg.: elk, bear, etc)
I’d like to have some information on:
• What kind of bullet should I use (RB or slug/Minié)?
• What would be the preferred weight of the bullet?
• What could be the suggested black powder load?
• Which caliber should I try (.54 or .58)?
Please provide me some information relating to these questions. I really don’t have other sources with such (and so much) experience as you have in the US.
Thanks for your answers in advance.