I have been hunting Vermont for about 30 years, Born and raised here. Now I have 2 sons and this year they are getting a little more into hunting so I am feeling a little more pressure to bring home a deer. I have had good luck most of the time, but I just wanted to ask these questions to other Vermont bow hunters.
1. Have you had more success in the AM or PM in VT?
2. How often have you found a spot with a lot of tracks but never seen a deer there during legal hours.
3. What things do you look for when scouting? Most important?
4. When not seeing animals do you get discouraged and maybe not hunt as hard as you were in the begginning of the season?
5. Have you had more success early in the seaon or later.
6. How late do you sit in the morning?
7. I take a scent free shower before I go out. Is this good enough for scent control?
Thanks for the tips. Good luck this year.