6 replies [Last post]
Bill, HR 1022 - protect your gun rights!

1st I'm sorry if this is in another thread somewhere on this hunting forum, but I looked in several of them & didnt find it anywhere. & please dont get mad at me for posting this here & then each regional state section, I just want this to get spread around fast to all gun owners(& hunters in general), cuz its time for you to send a email/letter to your House rep & senate rep, plus please sign this petition.
this assualt weapons ban is worse than before, it even includes some shotguns - 10/22's etc... this is just a stepping stone to worse things to come.
& I'm not a spammer I just feel this is justifiable for multi posts, & please send this to other hunting forums you belong to. so us gun owners & hunters are heard. we NEED to stop this bill HR 1022

united we stand, divided we'll fall !

heres the links, then the some info about the bill, you can do some simple searches for more, like NRA ,govt bill search, etc...

petition link

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348?ltl=1172784221

house

http://www.house.gov/

senate

http://www.senate.gov/

short information about the bill

THE MOST SWEEPING GUN BAN EVER INTRODUCED IN CONGRESS;
McCarthy Bill Bans Millions More Guns Than The Clinton Gun Ban

On Feb. 14, 2007, Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 1022, a bill with the stated purpose, "to reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes."

McCarthy's verbiage warrants explanation. Presumably, what she means by "assault weapons ban" is the Clinton Gun Ban of 1994. Congress allowed the ban to expire in 2004 for multiple reasons, including the fact that federal, state and local law enforcement agency studies showed that guns affected by the ban had been used in only a small percentage of crime, before and after the ban was imposed.

With the nation's murder rate 43% lower than in 1991, and the re-legalized guns still used in only a small percentage of crime, reauthorizing the Clinton Gun Ban would be objectionable enough. But McCarthy's "other purposes" would make matters even worse. H.R. 1022 would ban every gun banned by the Clinton ban, plus millions more guns, including:

. Every gun made to comply with the Clinton ban. (The Clinton ban dictated the kinds of grips, stocks and attachments new guns could have. Manufacturers modified new guns to the Clinton requirements. H.R. 1022 would ban the modified guns too.)

. Guns exempted by the Clinton ban. (Ruger Mini-14s and -30s and Ranch Rifles; .30 cal. carbines; and fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, center-fire rifles that hold more than 10 rounds.)

. All semi-automatic shotguns. (E.g., Remington, Winchester, Beretta and Benelli, used for hunting, sport shooting, and self-defense. H.R. 1022 would ban them because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip," and would also ban their main component, called the "receiver.")

. All detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles-including, for example, the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22 .22 rimfire-because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip."

. Target shooting rifles. (E.g., the three centerfire rifles most popular for marksmanship competitions: the Colt AR-15, the Springfield M1A and the M1 "Garand.")

. Any semi-automatic shotgun or rifle an Attorney General one day claims isn't "sporting," even though the constitutions of the U.S. and 44 states, and the laws of all 50 states, recognize the right to use guns for defense.

. 65 named guns (the Clinton law banned 19 by name); semi-auto fixed-magazine pistols of over 10 rounds capacity; and frames, receivers and parts used to repair or refurbish guns.

H.R. 1022 would also ban the importation of magazines exempted by the Clinton ban, ban the sale of a legally-owned "assault weapon" with a magazine of over 10 rounds capacity, and begin backdoor registration of guns, by requiring private sales of banned guns, frames, receivers and parts to be conducted through licensed dealers. Finally, whereas the Clinton Gun Ban was imposed for a 10-year trial period, H.R. 1022 would be a permanent ban.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative and urge him or her to oppose
H.R. 1022!

You can call your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121.

wow , I kinda had a feeling you guys might delete those other posts in the regional threads sad eye roll
but I guess its not that important to you guys to protect your gun rights or your hunting rights.
I just figured some people do not always check out all threads on a forum, which IS TRUE, some poeple dont bother to look at other threads.
so I was just trying to reach out to people that might never look in this thread " anything goes "

kudos to ya, on your thoughts about this anti gun bill eye roll eye roll most hunters & hunting forums this kind of posting would NOT of bothered them & let them stay, since its a worthy post, but not in your eyes I guess eye roll

I guess I might of came to the wrong hunting forum, to share my knowledge & learn more from others, when you dont even tolerate posts like that sad

We're very well aware of how important this issue is. There is no reason to come into a new forum and first off spam all the forums, and secondly slam us for not caring.

We care very much! I suggest you get acquainted with the members before making assumptions.

BTW, welcome to BGH. You are more than welcome to contibute and interact with the members, you'll find they're a great bunch of people! Thumbs up

if you know how important this is to all gun owners & hunters in general, then you would know its important to spread the word around so as many gun owers can read this & let their voices be heard.
so if you think its important then do your part & send emails/letters to your house/senate rep's sign the petition & let other gun owners/hunters know whats going on. spread the news!

most dont even know this is going on, since bills put up on the table are not advertised well so the masses (citizens)dont know how OUR govt is trying to take away OUR RIGHTS !

again remember some people dont read ALL threads! just trying to get the word out, its not like I'm sending out a questionnaire/quiz. I did NOT spam all threads! just the ones where many people would read it.

& I'm not trying to offend anyone

redrider's picture

Welcome ghillie Big smile
If you dig a little deeper you'll find the subject has been introduced, but thank you for your contribution and dedication to the subject. You're right it is very important for all of us to see and do our part Thumbs up
http://www.biggamehunt.net/node/20077
http://www.biggamehunt.net/node/20046
http://www.biggamehunt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12184

ok I'm sorry for doing what I did & I said, but I didnt see it anywhere, I thought it'd be towards the top & getting alot of attention, but guess not.
but I also added links for house/senate/petition

I'm just strongly against this, some of you might say AR-15 shouldnt be owned by citizens, thats wrong thinking ! stand together if not there might not be anyone willing to stand up for the gun you own one day !
& its not just about ar-15 or ak's its about your gun that has a magazine, your turkey shotgun w/ a pistol grip, semi auto guns, list goes on.
like I said its just a stepping stone for all citizen ownership is banned, which also brings up the UN, something so simple as a anti gun rep to the UN & they sign a bill/treaty for no citizenship gun ownership its over for us.

get the word out & spread this news to as many gun owners & hunters.
the only reason I came to this site was to spread the news of this, & your the 3rd one that I put this on forums, the other 2 I was already part of BUT they never knew about this or had this on their forums. I came here to spread the word.
this site looks really nice after finding it, but like I said I only found it trying to spread the word of this bill to ban our guns. so the less imformed would take note & take some kind of action.

redrider's picture

Thanks again and please hang around I read your other post about helping the first timer and you have some great advice. Be good to have you here Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Another run at the AWBbitmasher2903/20/2007 08:20 am
protecting our rights as huntersworkdrone201/03/2005 19:51 pm
Colorado constitutional carry billhunter251502/14/2011 13:16 pm
Hawaii to ban all pocket knivesWesternHunter802/08/2010 13:28 pm
Illinois Bill that bans Shotgunsbucknaked40303/27/2003 06:01 am