Big Buck Contest at Prairie's Edge!!!
Prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
Winners in all Categories!!!
We’ve been doing a lot of work to prepare for this contest and we’ve had some great sponsorships from our vendors!! If you enter our contest, you can guarantee that the prizes will be worth it!!! View a current listing of our prizes at the bottom of the rules- we seem to be adding more prizes every day!!!
Big Buck Categories:
Biggest Buck- Gun ($5 Entry Fee)
Biggest Buck- Archery ($5 Entry Fee)
Biggest Buck- Women ($5 Entry Fee)
Biggest Buck- Youth ($1 Entry Fee)
Biggest Doe ($5 Entry Fee)
Entry fees must be paid 48 Hrs. BEFORE opening day of the category that you are entering!!!! Don't procrastinate, make sure that you get signed up today at Prairie's Edge!!
1. Eligible hunters must be signed in and have $5 entry fee paid 48 hours before opening day of the category that you are entering.
2. Eligible deer must be killed in an Indiana County.
3. Bucks killed within a deer-proof fence or any other confined areas are not eligible to enter contest.
4. Deer must be properly tagged according to Indiana State Law when brought in for weighing. Hunter must present valid hunting license to the official weigher.
5. Winners will be decided on- based on animal weight. One pound will be added for each horn measuring 1” or longer. If there is a tie, the winner will be decided upon by the weights of the competitor’s doe. The competitors must be previously entered into the doe category.
6. Weight must be made at Prairie’s Edge within 48 hours of kill.
7. When bringing an animal to the contest headquarters to be weighed, the hunter must call ahead to notify the contest so an official will be present. No animals will be weighed during the off hours. Hours are from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to Noon on Saturday. Please call one of these numbers to notify us of your arrival. (219)819-3663 or (219) 819-3657
8. The animal must be dressed prior to weighing. Dressed is defined as entire carcass with all entails removed including heart, liver, lungs, etc…
9. To compete in the Youth Category, hunter must have been under 16 years old at time of harvest. Proof of birthdate may be required.
10. Any hunter found trying to cheat in the Big Buck Contest is automatically disqualified and barred from entering this contest for a period of time to be determined by the contest committee.
11. Any registered hunter found guilty of violating any Indiana Game Law automatically forfeits his or her chances of winning any prize.
12. All decisions of the contest committee are final.
807 N. Cullen St.
75% Entry Money
$50 Gift Cards
Woody Elite Muck Boots
Heartland Plot Seed
Whitetail Plot Seed
Brier Ridge Plot Seed
ADM Mineral Pellets
ADM Protein Blocks
Advantage Duffle Bags
Mossy Oak Clothing
Under Armour Clothing