35 replies [Last post]
MnKaMRaM's picture
Bear(s) Hunt September 4 2006

Totally agree, Hunter!..........

Hey 777...

I don't consider myself a nay sayer....just someone who is allowed to voice his own opinions and ideas on THIS FORUM. The advise I offered and the ideas I shared was FREE too. I never boasted to know everything and never claimed to have seen it all. Statements such as that tend to set wrong with a lot of people...me included. For you to say "the nay sayers had nothing helpful to ad to this forum" is about as stupid as some of the statements made by the person you're trying to defend. There is a lot of useful information given by members of this forum. Your buddy has been gone now for what a week?? The forum lives on...questions are being answered and not being TAKEN OVER. Everyone is allowed to give their own opinion now on what works for them and pass that information on....kind of nice huh?? For you to personally attack ADK is uncalled for to say the least. Protecting this forum is what he's for. In my opinion I think you owe him an apology for singling him out.

nontypical2002 wrote:
Hey 777...

I don't consider myself a nay sayer....just someone who is allowed to voice his own opinions and ideas on THIS FORUM. The advise I offered and the ideas I shared was FREE too. I never boasted to know everything and never claimed to have seen it all. Statements such as that tend to set wrong with a lot of people...me included. For you to say "the nay sayers had nothing helpful to ad to this forum" is about as stupid as some of the statements made by the person you're trying to defend. There is a lot of useful information given by members of this forum. Your buddy has been gone now for what a week?? The forum lives on...questions are being answered and not being TAKEN OVER. Everyone is allowed to give their own opinion now on what works for them and pass that information on....kind of nice huh?? For you to personally attack ADK is uncalled for to say the least. Protecting this forum is what he's for. In my opinion I think you owe him an apology for singling him out.

777, I've been around bear hunting a heck of a lot longer than I've been on this board. Does that make my opinion any less valuable than someone who's been around this board longer? I've seen Hotmoons posts, read and re-read them to try to make some sense outta them. Some of his theories are dead wrong. And some of his methids just aren't practical. This is the information you good folks have been relying on so no matter how good his intentions are, bad information doesnt' help anyone. As for criticizing ADK's posts, sure he's a mod but that doesnt detract from his being able to speak his own mind and have opinions. You only have to be a bit knowledgable about bears to recognize that ADK has made sound observations and contributions about bear hunting in his area. Rather than blindly supporting one member here, why not recongnize that others have in fact, contributed as well.

OK... where to begin...

First off I'd like to state that BGH is not taking sides in this disagreement.

We appreciate all members' input and acknowledge that everyone has the right to disagree. Its HOW you disagree, that we may object to.

I think we can all agree that we have enjoyed Hotmoon's input, whether we agreed with his techniques or not. He willingly gave of his time and openly shared his knowledge and information. Whether his advice was sound or not, is not for BGH to decide. All the avid bear hunters on this forum will have to decide for themselves if his advice was useful or not. Hotmoon was sincere in his efforts to help other bear hunters, even though his methods seemed unconventional to many.

Our moderators are not required to agree with everyone. Its ok for ADKBEAR to disagree with other members as well as Hotmoon.

Now its time for everyone to allow this thread to die. Its not necessary to keep beating each other up.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Elk Hunt September 17 2006HoTm00n809/03/2006 15:14 pm
september bear hunt unit 40 colorado98Fatboy105/12/2011 20:58 pm
Fall Bear Hunt in Coloradoraz-n-co106/25/2005 14:39 pm
Bear Hunting Magazinebearmag012/23/2005 12:14 pm
Manitoba fall bear huntMirage007/15/2007 20:35 pm