35 replies [Last post]
Bear(s) Hunt September 4 2006

Guys and Gals, this is supposed to be fun!
We are all passionate about hunting here. We all have different views of whats right and wrong some from experiences that we have had and others have not had and some people just want to stand on principal alone. As long as at the end of the day you are satisfied and you don't break the laws (by the way, if the law says you can harvest something, then you can. They are trying to reach a quota and set the laws up acordingly) then I suport your decision to hunt in the manor you see fit.
Hotmoon please don't go. Not everybody disagres with you. I apreciate your dedication to bear hunting and helping out when someone asks.

ADKBEAR's picture
sawbill wrote:
I'm sorta the new kid on the block here and likely am the one to have caused or started to criticise HotMoons theories openly. I originally came here to partake in the BS that we all enjoy around the camp, maybe help out some others with what I've experienced over the years and certainly to learn. But I've always tried to base my posts and my rebuttals or criticisms on fact not fantasy or what grampa told me. And I was always prepared to justify my take on things. It got to the point where bad information wasn't going to help anyone anymore so I spoke up.
The last thing I wanted to see is Hotmoon leave this site. No one can refute his dedication to the sport. He's got a wealth of knowledge from his neck of the woods but just had to tone the BS down if he was really interested in helping the guys out. So mods, rather than duke it out amongst yourselves, I'd prefer the strip get torn off my hide.

Don't worry about your hide there Bill. Lots of intelligent folks on this site and people will always dissagree. If hotmoon is leaving because some people dissagreed with him it is to bad but not a real reason to leave?

CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
If hotmoon is leaving because some people dissagreed with him it is to bad but not a real reason to leave?[/quote wrote:

Every forum, regardless of topic, has it drama queen that leaves after someone disagrees with him or her. Usually, they want people to say, "oh no, don't go. "

My usual response is don't let the forum door hit you in the butt as you leave. Evil!

Heck, I'd have no where to post if I left every forum because someone disagreed with me. It's part of e-life.

AMEN CVC!!!!! Thumbs up It's one person's choice....not God by any means. It's all about the attention......

Well I don’t know about you guys

Why don’t we just let these threads die
And go back to hunting?

Had a camera stolen sad

CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Blackie wrote:
Well I don’t know about you guys

Why don’t we just let these threads die
And go back to hunting?

Had a camera stolen sad

Hmmmm.....maybe because we like the back and forth banter and because it isn't hunting season yet (at least where I am and for what I hunt)? Think

Sorry you had your camera stolen. Bummer!

Are you sure it was stolen or just ripped off the tree by a bear? It'd be wise to take a look around. I've had my trail timer torn down so many times by bears, I seldom use it anymore and thats the reason I don't use trail cams.

MnKaMRaM's picture
Just read these threads

Hello guys......I have to tell you that I find value in everybody's opinion on the site......while some of them I personally wouldn't do......like Hotmoon's idea of dragging a dead animal behind me as I walk out from my bait site (not sure where I find a dead animal)......it is interesting to hear, none-the-less and I would bet that it probably is a way to get bears to your site.......his ideas are very creative and he shares them with the entire forum......nobody has to do them.........it seems others on the site probably are saying "these are MY ideas and I'm not going to put them out in public for others to copy" Hotmoon doesn't do that......It would be a real loss to have Hotmoon leave in my opinion.....

MnKaMRaM's picture
Where are you?

Hey Hotmoon......Where are you? We need you on the site!! Did you read my story of getting the bear on the second day? I'd like to get your feedback to a couple of questions that I had from my hunt.........

MNKamRam

I THINK HOTMOON HAS DONE MORE FOR THE HUNTERS ON THIS SITE THAN ANY OF YOU OTHER NEW GUYS. HIS HELP AND ADVICE WAS FREE TO ANYONE THAT ASKED. MOST OF YOU NAY SAYERS HAD NOTHING HELPFUL TO AD TO THIS FORUM......I AM ESPECIALLY DISAPOINTED IN ADKBEAR. IN 3 YEARS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND YOU HAVENT ADDED A FRACTION TO THIS SITE THAT HOTMOON HAS IN HIS SHORT 5 MONTHS ON BOARD.
I'M NOT GOING TO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC AGAIN. I THINK ITS A SHAME YOU PEOPLE WITH NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE WOULD DRIVE HIM AWAY.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Elk Hunt September 17 2006HoTm00n809/03/2006 15:14 pm
september bear hunt unit 40 colorado98Fatboy105/12/2011 20:58 pm
Fall Bear Hunt in Coloradoraz-n-co106/25/2005 14:39 pm
Bear Hunting Magazinebearmag012/23/2005 12:14 pm
Manitoba fall bear huntMirage007/15/2007 20:35 pm