35 replies [Last post]
Bear(s) Hunt September 4 2006

Why do that ADK ...he loves the attention. He knows all..see's all and has done everything there is to do when it comes to hunting. EX: Quote" I've been hunting over 20 years and I'm the expert and I know everything". No one else's opinion matters...just look at the posts. You try and give an honest answer to someone asking a question and he takes over because he thinks he's world famous or something with his vast knowledge. My 8yr old son would be smart enough NOT to set out to shoot cubs after all the negative responses he received let alone want to BRAG about it after the fact...GEEZ!!!

ADKBEAR wrote:
Hotmoon why would you post this??????? After all the feed back you got from your "need help" post. None of it was positive for hunting these cubs. And yet you are going to hunt them and post about it, did you expect cheers? Seems to me the only reason to post this is to stir up trouble and that will not be looked upon kindly here!
There seem to be no laws being broken or I would have deleated this whole topic.

I asked for the guys opinion about this and got the advice i was looking for . i really respect their opinion, and know that the guys has giving me their honest view about it.

did i do it because i did not care about their opinion ? no i did not!!!. some guys told me to go for it and some disagree. for those who disagree i tell them thank you for your advice, i respect you and respect the advice you gave me which i have asked for in the first place . for those who agree on the hunt i tell them thanks for your support !

ADKBEAR, I didn't post this to stirr up trouble, i did it because i felt that the ppl who i asked for their help and helped me deserve to know about my decision, i felt that i owe it to them and should let them know ,, again i really appreciate your advice whether it was with or against !
I did not do anything wrong by asking for help nor i did anything wrong on the decision i made,I will not tell the reason why i fianlly did it out of respect for those who are involved in this, although i got their full permission to do so.

again the bears are not cubs, they are in the 100-150 lbs category, their mother chased them away , they are not tiny little bears !

thanks.

ADKBEAR's picture
HoTm00n wrote:
ADKBEAR wrote:

I asked for the guys opinion about this and got the advice i was looking for . i really respect their opinion, and know that the guys has giving me their honest view about it.

did i do it because i did not care about their opinion ? no i did not!!!. some guys told me to go for it and some disagree. for those who disagree i tell them thank you for your advice, i respect you and respect the advice you gave me which i have asked for in the first place . for those who agree on the hunt i tell them thanks for your support !

Hotmoon if you could go back and read the topic that you started on this subject "Help Guys!" you will see that no one that responded said "go for it" in fact no one was for it.

AKDBEAR before i say my honest opinion about this whole thing first i want you to know how i find out about this website. I am a member of another forum and at one time i read someone asking for an advice on his upcoming bear hunt, the reply that cought my attention was of another user who call himself hotm00n, hotm00n's advice the guy to click on his supporting link because there is great valuable information on bears there, so i without hesitation clicked on hotm00n's supporting link and got me here and been here since, and i am sure many find out about this site the same way i did. " i can post the link to backup my story if you like"
for few months now i was enjoying this website and enjoying the great advice hotm00n been sharing with us here and when i read someone asking for help on bears i wait for hotm00n's looking forward to hotm00n's new advice, i've learned so much from him, every reply i learn something new from him , his knowledge and passion to bears and helping other hunters is beyond anyone else, each post has tons of great information... the post of new bear hunting technique, the honey burn without fire, the dummy to force nocturnal bears to daylight bears is just amazing , i am really happy that i have found this website to read all this and try it on my own on my next bear hunt, no other website offer this vast information on bears and none is willing to devote his time to teach you all this stuff whether it's good or not,, AKDBEAR i found this website by HIM !
i do not agree with you on your last 2 posts for 2 reasons ,first it's not true that no one supported him for this hunt, few supported him as you can see it here and i will add my support to it too , second, AKDBEAR aren't you suppose to be the protector of peace on this forum? aren't you suppose to be the coach who walk the fine line between all his players and never take sides ?
for the last couple of weeks things changed over here for the sake of few who i think they thought that attacking other users character will make " those looking for an advice " look for it elsewhere. needless to say that those "new guys" has not offered one single good advice yet beside the one advice that i can see and that is to keep other users away from them.
peace

CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!

Thumbs up

redrider's picture

Hotmoon has generated alot of traffic to this site. His ideas and strategies may seem off the wall and strange, but I'll bet they work. He brought a bit of entertainment to this section and just because he didn't use traditional everyday strategies doesn't mean he didn't have good ideas. As far as the bears go, if its not illegal why should anyone care what his choice was. He found whatever advice he wanted to hear and made his choice.

Unfortunately you guys don't have to worry about it anymore, because he sent me a PM earlier and has decided not to return Brick Wall,)

ADKBEAR's picture

Take a deep breath there Jay
I have supported Hotmoons willingness to help and eager spirit in other posts. If you also would go back and read his post called "Help Guys" where he first brought up the cub hunting question there was no respons in favor of it. So him posting a topic saying he was going to do it anyway was just looking to stir up a hornets nest. The only reason I responded a second time here is because he said that there were people who were supportive of the hunt in that topic?
Yes I am a moderator and to be honest I have edited as many personal attacks on Hotmoon by members as I have edited Hotmoon saying things to others that did not conform with the rules set down by this forem. In both cases it has only been one or two.
You not agreeing with me that is fine, if you were to verbaly attack me because we don't agree, that would be a no go.

The eternal struggle of the internet hunting forum lol. At least you guys have a lil class, hope it dosn't turn into the Alberta Outdoorsmen forum 'round here lol.

I wasn’t going to post anymore until Kristina was either successful or not or if I was lucky enough to get a picture of King Kong.
I might be wrong, but I feel that these two cub post were; Feel sorry for me, Sympathy post.
I was waiting for the next post which I’m guessing would have been;

I had them in my sights, but with tears in my eyes, I just couldn’t do it.

Go ahead, chastise me, that’s how I feel.

I'm sorta the new kid on the block here and likely am the one to have caused or started to criticise HotMoons theories openly. I originally came here to partake in the BS that we all enjoy around the camp, maybe help out some others with what I've experienced over the years and certainly to learn. But I've always tried to base my posts and my rebuttals or criticisms on fact not fantasy or what grampa told me. And I was always prepared to justify my take on things. It got to the point where bad information wasn't going to help anyone anymore so I spoke up.
The last thing I wanted to see is Hotmoon leave this site. No one can refute his dedication to the sport. He's got a wealth of knowledge from his neck of the woods but just had to tone the BS down if he was really interested in helping the guys out. So mods, rather than duke it out amongst yourselves, I'd prefer the strip get torn off my hide.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Elk Hunt September 17 2006HoTm00n809/03/2006 15:14 pm
september bear hunt unit 40 colorado98Fatboy105/12/2011 20:58 pm
Fall Bear Hunt in Coloradoraz-n-co106/25/2005 14:39 pm
Bear Hunting Magazinebearmag012/23/2005 12:14 pm
Manitoba fall bear huntMirage007/15/2007 20:35 pm