I was drawn for a Unit 9 bull tag. I have hunted unit 5BS about six years ago. I have read the information at the AF&G web site but have yet to talk to the Wildlife manager (left voice mail).
1. What are the percentage of bulls that are 350 to 375 P&Y?
2. Has the drought effected antler growth? 3. Will I need someone to call for me? The reason I ask this; from my scouting via the web it looks like the majority of bulls like the thick Pinyon and Juniper vegetation because of the cover it gives them. I am from Washington State so think cover does not bother me. Do I need a caller?
4. I been sent many guide services. I am really not interested in using a guide who lives 200 miles away. The chances of that person ariving three days before me to scout the area and just call for me is really not worth the big dollars they are asking. Am I miss informed?
5. I have ordered maps and they are coming. Is Unit 9 acessable? Is there a wilderness area? How are the roads in this unit?
6. Back to the water. How scarce is the water in this unit?