12 replies [Last post]
JSmitty's picture
Apps for 2011

Applied last night for this years hunts. Thumbs up Put in for mule deer in the dessert, elk in southeastern NM, and ibex in the florida mountains. Keep thinking about putting in for an off range Oryx but the wife said three is enough sad , My reply was I have never had enough, just may not be able to afford all I would like Wacko.

Now comes the long wait for the draw. banghead.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Cool.  I might finally try

Cool.  I might finally try for coues deer in Arizona, but other than that, I think I will stay in California again, at least this year.  Next year is when I am ready for the out of state hunts.

JSmitty's picture
Yea we have some coues over

Yea we have some coues over in the southwestern part of the state and I thought about heading that way next year and  see if I could get one. 

Good luck in the draw. The

Good luck in the draw. The Florida Mountain are a pretty awesome place to hunt Ibex.

Sounds like some great hunts.

Sounds like some great hunts. I hope you draw one or two of them. I put in for Ibex in the Floridas for a few years. That would be a fantastic hunt.

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Just submitted my first Oryx

Just submitted my first Oryx application for an on range hunt. In the unlikely chance I draw that one I will have plenty of questions later. The usual Wyoming antelope and Colorado spring turkey are in and now just waiting for the rest of the draws to open up. Utah antelope and everything else Colorado has to offer. I have a lot more plans for the future but thats as far as my money goes for now.

Oryx tag

hunter25 wrote:

Just submitted my first Oryx application for an on range hunt. In the unlikely chance I draw that one I will have plenty of questions later. The usual Wyoming antelope and Colorado spring turkey are in and now just waiting for the rest of the draws to open up. Utah antelope and everything else Colorado has to offer. I have a lot more plans for the future but thats as far as my money goes for now.

Let me know if you draw your Oryx tag, I can help.

hunter25's picture
Thanks for the offer Blue

Thanks for the offer Blue Skys. If I draw I will take all the help I can get.Thumbs up

JSmitty's picture
Tomorrow Feb 2nd is the dead

Tomorrow Feb 2nd is the dead line for the NM oryx applications to be in. Good luck to any and all. Thumbs up

groovy mike's picture
Good luck!

Good luck on your applications.  So far I have put in for moose in New Hampshire.  But I plan to apply for moose in Maine, and some Washington state hunts (maybe elk) as well as applying for a doe permit in Washington State and in New York State.

AlpineClimber's picture
Oryx is a great hunt.

We are trying for the 7th year to get a Once in a Lifetime tag on the White Sands Range.  Be careful what you wish for.  Packing out an Oryx rivals Moose and Elk.  They are big animals that get over looked for their size because people get very consumed with the facial markings and horns.  Attached is picture of an Oryx my son shot in Mexico on the scales.  Proportionally you will understand what I am talking about.

Great trophy to have in the house.  Good Luck to all.

PreviewAttachmentSize
Mexico Hunt 2-18.jpg
Mexico Hunt 2-18.jpg704.09 KB

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Apps due today!numbnutz505/16/2011 15:38 pm
Arizona elk and antelope applicationsexbiologist002/05/2010 11:18 am
2 Deadly shootings.....Ca_Vermonster112/01/2011 15:10 pm
Arizona apps. dueHOGGETTER802/08/2011 16:56 pm
nevada big game apps are openbrokenarrow304/06/2013 17:24 pm