6 replies [Last post]
hawkeye270's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Anybody Gotten A 2010 Goat?

Any luck out there for those lucky enough to draw the tag?

CVC
CVC's picture
I didn't draw a tag, but I

I didn't draw a tag, but I went to BC to hunt mountain goat.  I got one the second day of my hunt. It was a challenging hunt to say the least.  It was aged at nine years with 9 1/2 horns.  I am getting a lifesize mount of it.  wife not too excited about that, but she tolerates me.

hawkeye270's picture
so where and the heck are the

so where and the heck are the pictures? You can not just go on a mountain goat hunt, have success in bagging a great one with 9 inch horns and not give us a complete run down with pictures. Come on CVC... you know better than that. Let's see some celebration shots! And you were in Canada? I expect those to be up no later than tonight sir! ha But seriously... let's see them.

CVC
CVC's picture
I posted some in my picture

I posted some in my picture gallery and in the story about the goat hunt.  I can post some here in this post.  One pic has a mountain range with one peak jutting out above the others.  That is where we hiked to the first day, to the base of that peak.  Once we got there, then our hunt started.  I took the picture from where we were the second day.

The other pic I posted is the cabin that we spent the night in on the mountain the day I got my goat.  Pretty rustic and spartan but it beats a tent on the mountain.  BTW, i took that pic myself.

I'll post more later if you really want to see them.  Some beautiful scenic shots.

PreviewAttachmentSize
Peak from First Day.JPG
Peak from First Day.JPG1.08 MB
Cabin Life.JPG
Cabin Life.JPG1.86 MB
CVC
CVC's picture
Here are a couple more.  I

Here are a couple more.  I might as well as post the goat I got.  The terrain was so steep that despite being in the prone position I kept sliding down and would have to reposition myself while waiting for the shot.  There was two goats up there and I was ready to shoot one, but the guide yelled no, take the other one.  Once he saw the second one side by side he realized it was a whole lot bigger.

PreviewAttachmentSize
CVC Goat.JPG
CVC Goat.JPG2.04 MB
hawkeye270's picture
Wow... I am jealous to say

Wow... I am jealous to say the least. That looks like a great goat. Congratulations on taking that thing and having such an amazing experience up north. And that is some seriously good service... you got these pictures up by tonight. Mission accomplished. T

CVC
CVC's picture
Hey, I aim to please.  No

Hey, I aim to please.  No need for you to be jealous, just from reading your stories I can tell you have a bright hunting future ahead of you.  You already have lots of great hunts under your belt and there will be many more to come.  I bet you get a sheep or two in your life.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
SD Goat Huntaugie1910/07/2009 09:55 am
BC Mountain Goat HuntCVC1601/14/2010 04:58 am
My first goat thought I would shareyugo1112707/15/2010 10:05 am
Goat TerrainSerious Hunter708/15/2006 22:18 pm
Got my goat back... yay for record bookshawkeye2701203/20/2012 20:27 pm