1 reply [Last post]
Alberta Canada CWD continues steady march west, recording it’s highest positives ever June 2012 Report
Friday, June 29, 2012

Alberta Canada CWD continues steady march west, recording it’s highest positives ever June 2012 Report

Well that's definitely bad

Well that's definitely bad news.  A few years ago you could draw a circle around elk farms and know where the cwd was.  Now it's the eastern 1/3 of the province from Cold Lake S.  My own uneducated opinion....follow the river valleys you'll follow the spread.  As someone living in the area is sucks.  Take a deer, submit the head..........wait..........wait...........wait for results to spend the time/effort cost of processing/pepperoni, etc?  

I'm still torn wether this is something new under the sun or someone just, "discovered" it.  I've been hunting SE AB for almost 40 years now.  There's been twice when I chose not to shoot a deer, as there was, "something wrong with it".  Was it cwd?  I don't know, that was about a decade before CWD was discovered.  ???  I did once shoot a doe that was foundered.  Her hooves were almost 8" long.  I chose her as I felt she would suffer a slow death otherwise.  She tasted great!

A local fellow told me there is a prion that affects pigs that stays in the soil.  I know the same disease that affects beans is given a different name when it affects canola.  The active ingredient in a common foot powder takes care of both if used timely.

Makes you wonder.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like