5 replies [Last post]
Affordable Solid .416 Double Rifle

I have been searching for a responsibly affordable .416 double rifle. Would like a new one. Obviously the H&Hs, KHs and such are just not attainable financially. Anybody have any info?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but afforable and double rifle are two words that don't usually go together . Try Merkel out of Germany. Not cheap by any stretch but still somewhat below Holland and Holland, Westley Richards and Purdy and the like. Cabelas has a fine gun room on line on their web site that sometimes has a nice used double for a decent price but usually even they are priced at or above market value. I've allways wanted a nice double myself but my housepayment usually gets in the way!

Thats what Ive been seeing

Thanks though. I appreciate the help

Baikal of Russia used to offer a quality, inexpensive double as well. Not sure if they still do. Think

Russians

Yeah, found the Bakail (or however its spelled). They do have a double, but only in some common US calibers, the biggest (45-70, 30-06, 308, etc.). Nice looking. Might do one for giggles, but not a supplier in big calibers.

Ruger

I hold out hope that Ruger will follow up their new .375 with a double to shoot it with . I have the M77, African and its SWEET

Related Forum Threads You Might Like