3 replies [Last post]
Advice for GMU 391 or 461

Does anybody have advice on 391 or 461? Buddy and I bought some leftovers cause it's close to town.. After scouting it today and finding nowhere to go, I'm wondering if it was a bad choice...

Did we waste our money?

Brick Wall,)

Thanks

Re: Advice for GMU 391 or 461

I'll reply to my own post...

I call the DOW today... the guy I talk to basically told me "go get a refund"... nothing but private land in those units. The book had some units listed as "private land only", but not these so we figured there would be something..

Oh well, we will get our money back and shift the focus to pheasant

hopefully this post will hope someone in the future thinking about hunting these units.

Thanks Adam. I was about to go and purchase a license for that area today. I am glad I researched it first! I am new to hunting in Colorado, so I was pretty excited to get in the woods. Now that I know it is mostly private, I will contiue my search. Good liuck with the pheasant!

Adam--
I braved the 461... only to be let down. We hunted the small bit of NF on the north side of the Platte River, about 4 miles NE of South Platte. The area is not hunter friendly-- only very steep, rocky slopes-- and not much public land AT ALL.

Anyway, this was my first CO big game hunting attempt-- can't wait till big game season next year...and small game season!

Thanks for the inputs...

JoelT

Related Forum Threads You Might Like