25 replies [Last post]
900 yard shot?

I know it can be done. BUt in my opinion nothing against you or anyone else there is a line for sportsmanship. Imeen one you dont want to injur the deer or animal at that far of a distance. and i meen i would like to make it more of a hunt and not a long shot contest. In my opinion. Again not attempting to offend. So dont worry bout me there will be more deer for you guys becaus i will attempt to get closer to make a good shot and know i will kill em. BUt will probably spook em away. Good luck!

Don Fischer's picture
900 yard shot?

Shooting at the ranges you guy's are talking about is not hunting, it's shooting. You really shouldn't confuse the two. If your shooting, you should shoot at targets that don't bleed.

Jason T. says in the Palouse shot's can exceed 1000 yds. So what? You don't have to take it. You are the one that desides when to pull the trigger. Are you a hunter or a shooter?

I believe that a hunter should do everything possible to get well within SURE range of and animal to have the best odds of a quick and humane kill. I also think that a good hunter that doesn't get to that range will let the animal go; it's alright if the animal wins a few.

One thing I've noticed about people that shoot at great range is that they'll tell you of the range they shot. The shot becomes the story and the animal a footnote. You seldom hear of their failures. But they will often blast the guy that flubbed a shot at a couple hundred yards.

900 yard shot?
Don Fischer wrote:
One thing I've noticed about people that shoot at great range is that they'll tell you of the range they shot. The shot becomes the story and the animal a footnote. You seldom hear of their failures.

Yep.

900 yard shot?

When I'm at the camp I never discuss the misses or the mrs , as both are hard to understand. Think

900 yard shot?
Hammer1 wrote:
When I'm at the camp I never discuss the misses or the mrs , as both are hard to understand. Think

HAHA nice one.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
BOWTECHarcheryhunterME001/26/2006 19:59 pm
Colorado archery bullhellomcfly610/11/2009 21:23 pm
Black Bear W/ Taurus 357 MagNBaron1103/22/2006 07:19 am
First Black Bearnevadahntr409/10/2005 21:15 pm
making the shot buck feverScotty E1310/23/2005 18:40 pm