1 reply [Last post]
7.65 argentine mauser

anyone have any experience with this caliber? I'll probably have to handload because factory ammo is tough to find.

Re: 7.65 argentine mauser
WAcoyotehunter wrote:
anyone have any experience with this caliber? I'll probably have to handload because factory ammo is tough to find.

WAcoyotehunter, I have shot a lot of deer with a little mountain Mauser chambered for 7.65 Mauser, useing 150 gr bullets and 43.0 grs of H4895. That load gives about 2595 fps from my rifle, but is the MAX listed load for that powder. I'd back off to about 39.5 grs and work up slowly watching for pressure sign, especially if you rifle is old, and has had some use! Most of the Argentine rifles were very well made in Germany, and used little by the Argintine army. There was a time when you could buy these little rifles for $25 per, and I wish I had bought a train load of them. They make fine little deer rifles for a kid's first deer rifle, or to make a light little rifle for small women, because the recoil is mild, they make very good learning rifles! They make a fine start to build a nice hunting rifle in soething like a 9.3X62, which is legal for most game in Africa in most countries, andll game in SOME countries!

Good luck with you little rifle! Good hunting! Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like